Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please

Article about: I just acquired this nice belt buckle for \\$40. I't fairly certain it is original, but I have never seen a clasp like this! Is this buckle OK or repro? If it's good...is the clasp a rare vari

Default German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please

I just acquired this nice belt buckle for $40. I't fairly certain it is original, but I have never seen a clasp like this! Is this buckle OK or repro? If it's good...is the clasp a rare variation? I is marked with (I believe) the Assman makers mark and a RMZ number. Thanks!German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions pleaseGerman DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions pleaseGerman DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please

A perfecly original buckle and featuring the Assmann "crank" catch. Perhaps somewhat scarce but not rare IMO. David or some others who collect DAF might have more info or comments. $40 is a super steal!

Best,
    Adam

Default Re: German DAF Labor Front belt buckle...ODD clasp...Assman marked...Opinions please

Hello ,

nice buckle !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

How come I never find buckles for $40, bugger
    Ben

Thanks for the comments! I don't have alot of buckles, and that is not my specialty by any means. I was at an auction and a guy (I know him from the auctions) comes up and asks me about the buckle. I told him it was a Labor front buckle and the "A" mark was for the Assmann company. He said if 'someone' wants it they could have it for $40! I said...OK! Glad I did. Hopefully he has other items and the prices are as good. thanks!

?

Mega Bargain

Great Buckle, Congrats

This is an interesting DAF-Werkschar buckle by Assmann and although slightly difficult to tell from the "flash" images, it looks as though a high degree of the factory applied obverse silver grey lacquer is still intact.

For myself at least, the interest lies in both the crank catch and the pin shroud/claw arrangement. This pin shroud/claw arrangement looks totally out of place on this buckle. Of all the Assmann made DAF-Werkschar buckles that I hold (silver grey, green grey and golden) and which display the crank catch, the pin shroud has a distinctive series of tool marks and also, the claws are slightly curved with a small dimple on the curve.

The pin, pin shroud and claw arrangement may have been replaced on the buckle which started the thread, however perhaps not.

Assmann was not the only manufacturer of the DAF-Werkschar buckle with a crank catch.

I have in my collection a DAF-Werkschar buckle with a crank catch which is clearly stamped RZM M4/38 for Richard Sieper und Söhne, Lüdenscheid. Interestingly though, there is the possibility that the pin, pin shroud and claw arrangement on the Assmann buckle that started this thread and that on the crank catch DAF-Werkschar that I hold by R. S & S., are similar. Interesting I think.

Regards,

David

Thanks for the input David. I do agree that the pin, shroud and claw look different. But, if someone did replace them, I see absolutely no evidence of this. There should be some minute degree of stress marks on the side from the sides being pryed apart to get the old pin out and the 'new' one in. But, there is not one spot of evidence to this. The sides look as smooth as the day they were made. Interesting though, I do agree with that.