Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited

Article about: This quite interesting and decidedly enigmatic NSBO buckle has before been shown on the forum and as many know, actually appears and is presented within the buckle reference publication by P

Default N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited

This quite interesting and decidedly enigmatic NSBO buckle has before been shown on the forum and as many know, actually appears and is presented within the buckle reference publication by Peter Nash. Quite simply, there are those who love it and those who hate it, with no half way house.

I am not sure if the follow up research has been shown and if so, my apologies for the feeling of "déjà vu" perhaps experienced by some within the forum.

The emblem is actually a manipulated and modified NSBO-Tagungsabzeichen which relates to a NSBO Weihetag (consecration?) from Kreis Jena-Stadtroda on the 17th September 1933.

Well done perhaps and with no attempt to conceal the badge declaration, however the question is of course, done pre 1945 or post 1945?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited
    P
    Many

Hello ,

interest buckle David .

Looks like a privat brocured self made buckle of owner in the early time .

But the real question must be as you says , is it made in this time or post war ?

Who can say it..........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Is it possible that this buckle was created especially for the event in Jena as a commemorative? Strictly speculation on my part, of course...
    cheers, Glenn

It's so Very well done and shows a Lot of time and careful work went into it. Hard to believe that a faker would choose such effort for an NSBO buckle. Personally, I am liking it and feel that it is, indeed, a period piece. I would be tending to lean towards an actual NSBO member either making it himself or having someone professionally do so. It's possible the maker of the buckle had either attended or had something to do with the event in Jena. Glenn has made a very plausible scenario and I think it should be given good consideration. It's unusual in the fact that the badge fits Perfectly for size on a buckle. With that in mind, the badges could even have been made with this express purpose in mind-that they could afterwards be worn permanently as buckles. It would certainly make more sense than walking around for years after wearing a fairly huge pin on your shirt. German efficiency.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Here is a buckle from a friends collection. Markus posted the back of the tinny that may have been used to make the buckle. This is a NSLB tinny and this was a teachers organization. It could have been a shop teacher who wanted to make a buckle. It could have been the same thing with this NSBO buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited   N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited  

Attached Images Attached Images N.S.B.O. - "Cityscape" emblem - again revisited 

Interesting indeed! So it may well have been a known Practice to make buckles from particular larger tinnies. It would make sense to the economical German mindset to make the most of everything you can.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."