Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles

Article about: Here are two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles and which I think by "strict RZM regulations", should never have been sanctioned for manufacture. A nickle silver version by Mar

Default Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles

Here are two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles and which I think by "strict RZM regulations", should never have been sanctioned for manufacture.

A nickle silver version by Martin Winter and a steel version by Berg und Nolte.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles

David
    those are very uncommon!!!
    the steel by B&N has all the same manufacturing techniques as a B&N HJ
    the footed catch is a dead give away.. very identifiable as Berg & Nolte also the makers mark is identical.. the nickel is the only one I have ever seen! have you ever encountered another?
    thanks
    Chad

Yet another two super buckles David, I find the Martin Winter buckle very interesting, one of the few buckles I have ever seen made by this maker, again thanks for showing
    Ben

?

Hi David,

Thanks for showing these two exceedingly beautiful Werkschar buckle variants! I can't recall other examples of either (i.e. outside of your collection) ever having been shown on the forums.

As a small addition to this thread, here's my much more common nickel M4/44.

Best regards,
    Karl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles   Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles  

Karl
    great buckle!! so that is two nickel DAF that I have seen. Is the nickel type not as rare as I think? was I asleep when these have been posted in the past?? I can not recall ever being aware of these before this post.. let me know
    thanks for sharing!
    Chad

Very cool buckles guys! Those are awesome examples.

David: here's my B&N example - the catch is quite different, but the buckle is alum. not nickel.

I'll also post a couple more examples: a gold example and another example that has a "greenish-grey" colour to it.

Cheers guys!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles   Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles  

OOPS.....forgot to post the other two buckles....

Cheers!

Rob

Here's the last one: Assmann crankcatch buckle- greenish colour to this one but somewhat hard to get a decent picture of the colour....

Cheers!

Rob

Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles   Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles  

?

Quote by Chad William View Post
    Karl
    great buckle!! so that is two nickel DAF that I have seen. Is the nickel type not as rare as I think? was I asleep when these have been posted in the past?? I can not recall ever being aware of these before this post.. let me know
    thanks for sharing!
    Chad
    Hello Chad,

I'd shown this nickle DAF on the WAF before, and bought another identical one recently out of an otherwise uninspired old collection. There are one or two others in collections that I know of. But all, except David's, are Cramer buckles.

And no-one except David has ever shown a steel version.

There is hope for the rest of us, as these buckles would certainly not have been "one-off" productions, so other examples will be lurking in dark and unattended repositories, awaiting either a collector's or (saddeningly) a garbage collector's attention!

Best regards,
    Karl