Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)

Article about: by Dahaka This rejection stamp. What is the purpose of it? They bayonet wasnt good enough anymore to be used in combat ? don't know it's a pretty good looking bayonet too me?

?

Default S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)

Hi all,

A while ago a bought a german bayonet. It has all the waA marks and is in good condition.

The only thing i couldnt found information about, is the strange stamp (a daisy? / flower?) on the bayonet. Who has more info about this plz?

See picture with the 42COF...

thx in advance, i really could use some help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)   S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)  

Attached Images Attached Images S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)  S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)  S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)
    P
    Many

Default Re: S84/98 III bayonet with strange mark (star)

i have never seen this stamp on a bayonet before,,,i have seen this stamp on P-38 pistol frames,,,i may be incorrect,but i think it was an East German(VOPO) Restamping of surplus war material...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i have never seen this stamp on a bayonet before,,,i have seen this stamp on P-38 pistol frames,,,i may be incorrect,but i think it was an East German(VOPO) Restamping of surplus war material...
    I have never seen it either, let me ask you one, I have a 1939 k98, it has the 39 on top of the blade, but where the half circle is, the barrel rest I guess you would call it , the is a 55ddl stamp, don't know how they got it to curve down in there, unless they used single letter & 3 stamps, do you think it was a post war reissue?

are there any other stampings that appear unusal?,,,are there any restamped serial number?....possibly this was a aresenal refinsh or maybe a post war rework...

?

are there any other stampings that appear unusal?,,,are there any restamped serial number?....possibly this was a aresenal refinsh or maybe a post war rework...
    I've heared there is confirmed star marking of early 42cof production, mainly in ranges a-d. The explanation is uknown but some persons assume its a asembly or production marking, not a acceptance marking.

?

There is one shown on the bayonet registery in the b range with this mark, it is said to be a reject mark.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

sorry I was messing around with my old 69 ford truck. no there are no other marks on it , it has the original serial # as the scabbard that is the only out of place mark on it, let me go get it & make sure thats what is on there. ok sorry it is a lower case d then 55. that is the only out of place mark. actually this bayonet is the nicest one I have, even the original paint is on the scabbard, a small surface rust spot, but you have to look hard to see it, the bayonet looks like it may not have been used at all, just that strange mark? I'm confused, any way thanks for your help it is appreciated.
    regards marty

?

Zwerge is correct. This is a Rejection Mark seen on Eickhorn combat bayos. Most commonly seen on the ricasso area of the blade, but can also be seen in other areas of bayonets as well. such as spine and pommel. I personally have only seen this marking on Eickhorn bayos. combat bayos have been an interest of mine, thanks to the help of my friend Arnaud of k98 bayo registry/data. i have been told the registry site will be updated soon with many more entries

?

This is a unknown production stamp typical for early 42cof production.best regards,Andy

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Zwerge is correct. This is a Rejection Mark seen on Eickhorn combat bayos. Most commonly seen on the ricasso area of the blade, but can also be seen in other areas of bayonets as well. such as spine and pommel. I personally have only seen this marking on Eickhorn bayos. combat bayos have been an interest of mine, thanks to the help of my friend Arnaud of k98 bayo registry/data. i have been told the registry site will be updated soon with many more entries
    This rejection stamp. What is the purpose of it? They bayonet wasnt good enough anymore to be used in combat ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast