Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....

Article about: Hi All..... I know these have been discussed over and over again .... However. The one and only for these daggers is supposedly KLASS ... Longer Handle, Blah Blah!! So why is mine any differ

Default 1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....

Hi All.....

I know these have been discussed over and over again .... However.

The one and only for these daggers is supposedly KLASS ... Longer Handle, Blah Blah!!

So why is mine any different from the 3 I’ve listed ... all from respectful dealers in the UK, US and Canada who sell theirs as genuine .... but mines a parts!!

Ulric of England has the Horster Blade .... £995
    The Collectors Guild a WKC version ..... $2000
    Lakesidetrader unmarked version ... $1499 ( and exactly the same as mine )
    Mine ..... Last pictures next to my Eickhorn Heer.

Interested in all your views .... please look at pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....   1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....  

1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....   1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....  

1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Patt Leaders Railway Dagger ....
    P
    Many

Hi anybody reading this Forum
    It’s quite sad that these pictures are hi-lighting Daggers for sale that have always been classed as Parts Daggers, Army Daggers with Black Handles.
    After 168 Views nobody can comment!!

mpw
    ?

Very interesting post. Unfortunately I'm very much here to learn so can't comment on the daggers but thanks for posting.

Rgd's, Mark.

?

Hi Steve

to me these black handle armies are just a marketing trick to get your money out of your pocket.
    Dealers philosophy: any black handle army regardless its hardware configuration makes it a 1st type Railway and therefore expensive.
    Which fairy tale can bring more money to a simple partsdagger? exactly…...NONE!

I would NEVER buy any black grip army, i prefer the gen. B type Klaas with the white paint still on it

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Steve

to me these black handle armies are just a marketing trick to get your money out of your pocket.
    Dealers philosophy: any black handle army regardless its hardware configuration makes it a 1st type Railway and therefore expensive.
    Which fairy tale can bring more money to a simple partsdagger? exactly…...NONE!

I would NEVER buy any black grip army, i prefer the gen. B type Klaas with the white paint still on it

Ger
    I feel the same way about them. No matter how many times the myths about them are either proved to be false or proved to have absolutely no basis they keep on multiplying in greater numbers along with higher prices for fantasies. "Zombie" daggers that keep coming back to life. Best Regards, Fred

That looks like two silver stakes through the heart.

Aside from the highly controversial topic of what constitutes a "First Model Bahnschutz" dagger, my question regarding the Ulrich dagger is why would a Horster marked dagger have a Generic A crossguard? Horster had a series of their own crossguards and were somewhat proprietary about their wares so that dagger alone, whatever it is, seems to be a parts piece. That dealer, aside from whatever reputation he may enjoy, has had numerous questionable items over the years. Whatever you're buying, know what you're buying and from whom.

Billy G
    Thanks for taking the time to view the items I have attached.. as you obviously can see they certainly do not strike all the right chords, but ask the premium prices.
    It is becoming more and more common for these fakes to be sold as genuine.

Quote by Stevade View Post
    ................................ but ask the premium prices.
    It is becoming more and more common for these fakes to be sold as genuine.
    Perhaps the word is getting out that these daggers might have even more problems in the future, as we speak there could be some guys dumping them as has happened with some items that used to be commonly sold at premiums and/or grossly exaggerated premiums. One example of this the latest list from an East Coast dealer with only one legitimate Railway dagger for sale, he has three so-called "1st Models". One an Eickhorn, the two with more detailed imaging appear to show some fooling around with the grips. Best Regards, Fred

?

Walk away from this sled with a Johnson (post-war) knot.
    -Sorry, that was on a dealers site and the the OP example.

-Serge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast