Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Police Bayonet

Article about: Recently my 97 year old father-in-law passed away and I was given a Police Bayonet that he had. The maker of the Bayonet is Ewald Cleff from Solingen. The bayonet has the markings S. O P. IV

4loveofcountry
    ?

Default Third Reich Police Bayonet

Recently my 97 year old father-in-law passed away and I was given a Police Bayonet that he had. The maker of the Bayonet is Ewald Cleff from Solingen. The bayonet has the markings S. O P. IV 486 on it. I understand that the 486 is an inventory number. Can anyone tell me what the S. O P. IV means?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Third Reich Police Bayonet

Schutzpolizei Polizeiverwaltung Oppeln - 4. district, unit 486

Regards
    Vedran

Default Re: Third Reich Police Bayonet

Hello 4luvofcountry.....welcome to the forum,,,when possible please post a few photos for the rest of the collectors here as we " eat and breathe" this stuff. The photos will go well with Vedrans reply. and for the study of your bayonet. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill