Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I would like to ask you for help with 2nd model railway dagger, wmw waffen marked blade. I was trying to find some info on net but I was not successful

?

Default 2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with 2nd model railway dagger, wmw waffen marked blade. I was trying to find some info on net but I was not successfull regarding this maker. The condition of the blade is poor comparing to the rest of dagger. Is this dagger original ?
    Thank you, Mike

2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd model Railway dagger - ask for help
    P
    Many

Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg did not manufacture many dagger types, so far as we know, WMW did not make the 2nd model Bahnschutz dagger. Eickhorn made the lion's share of these daggers, Hörster made a small number. These have only been observed with the older 2 line logo rather than the sword through the initials. So having a dagger with a previously unknown maker raises a red flag in a general sense.

Without knowing much about this dagger type in general, one would only have to question why the blade is in such crummy condition whereas the rest of the dagger is unblemished? Probably a replaced blade, at the very least. I also don't like the lower part of the scabbard which looks elongated & is a bad sign that the scabbard may be post-1945 production.

There are some excellent reproduction Bahnschutz daggers out there now. These daggers are very scary unless you've dealt them before & know your stuff. If not, best to deal with a reputable dealer, if you want to sleep at night.

For the foregoing reasons, I would steer clear of this dagger.

?

Hey Mike...In reading Billy's concerns I tend to concur. The maker and blade do give me some reason to pause as well as the condition of the blade versus scabbard and fittings. I could be wrong but seems like the blade has been swapped out but again only a hunch???

I would dig a little more if you are going to buy. I would maybe run it by a couple dealers you know and trust as well as waiting for other blade runner guys here to weigh in.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Take a look at the blades condition compared to the scabbard..and that should begin to send up a red flag.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Take a look at the blades condition compared to the scabbard..and that should begin to send up a red flag.
    Hi all,
    thank you for your comments, this helped me to decide not to buy this one.
    Mike