Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers

Article about: Here is another one for review that I am working on currently. Very nice early model by Alcoso with hard to locate leather hangers and belt loop.

?

Default 2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers

Here is my 2nd Model RLB Officer with Hangers...Updated Pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers   2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers  

2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers   2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers  

2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers   2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers  

2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers  
    Last edited by Rossi; 05-19-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers
    P
    Many

The Alcoso looks fine, but the hangers look like they've been through the wringer! I wouldn't pay too much extra for them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The Alcoso looks fine, but the hangers look like they've been through the wringer! I wouldn't pay too much extra for them.
    Hangers could be better but could also be worse like these puppies.

Thanks for weighing in William.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers  

That's the trouble with 70+ year old leather...it dries out and falls apart. Some WWI stuff is almost impossible to find intact anymore. Civil War? Look at them in a museum, cause they're crumbling as we speak...not much that can be done about it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice 2nd RLB ,..the hangers are the icing on the cake. I agree with William that the hangers are aged..then again..they are not as common as Luftwaffe and Heer hangers. I would acquire this example also with the hangers also.

Paul may be able to track down in time another set..but as I said..they are not common to find.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Rossi,

This is a very nicely conditioned early 2nd model RLB Leader, presumably it was a 1st model that was converted as many were. I like that it's waffenamt marked. My 1st model Leader is an Alcoso & I was always impressed by the quality of the parts & workmanship. You can't go wrong with a piece like this.

I agree that the hangers are somewhat worn but they are certainly not terrible. Decent RLB hangers are not so easy to find & when found, are often quite expensive. One suggestion, I wouldn't suspend the dagger from the hangers as these early Leader daggers are quite heavy & that weight would possibly snap the hanger leather. Just display them side by side. The belt loop is a really nice addition, making it a complete rig.

?

Kirk,

i like the set, the early ACS logo (like on the early army daggers) is a real treat! dagger is looking good and seems to be in good condition.
    The hangers are hard to find and although salty they do complete the set.
    Try to work a bit on the price...

Ger

?

Updated Photos and changed from original post...

2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers2nd Model RLB Officer / Leader Dagger with hangers

?

a lovely set Kirk and the hangers are looking way better on your pics then they did at the sellers website!
    You did well my friend, congratz on a beautiful set, Alcoso always delivered quality, and i most say i love those hangers

Ger

?

[QUOTE=gerrit;1739859]a lovely set Kirk and the hangers are looking way better on your pics then they did at the sellers website!
    You did well my friend, congratz on a beautiful set, Alcoso always delivered quality, and i most say i love those hangers

Ger[/QUOTE

Hey Ger,

Agreed that the hangers are better than expected. A bit worn but as Wagriff said what can you expect for 70+ old leather. Happy to have them with the belt loop hanger & dagger. It looks great next to my 1st model RLB subordinate as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast