Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

3D Gallery of German Daggers

Article about: 3D-NSKK High Leader Dagger Hello from Russia! ! ! I made this 3D - model for your pleasure. I hope it it will be pleasant to you.

?

Quite the pesentation! It looks amazing!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3D Gallery of German Daggers
    P
    Many

?

Great pics, Vlad.
    Very interesting.
    Hope to see more of your 'cold steel' pics here.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Scout...the scary thing is...... it already is happening.
    Agreed. One cant 'un-invent' something like this. If it can be abused, it will be abused.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The exact same thought popped into my head while looking at this thread as well, Scout and Larry. It would be so easy...A whole new scam in it's infancy?
    Depressing thought, but yes.

Quote by Australia View Post
    These are just 3d rendered images guys , not a image of a actual 3d printed model.
    We know. That is not the point. See below.

Quote by Erno View Post
    It'd probably be easier to just use existing photos of real militaria rather than making 3D models. I'd suggest that anyone uploading photos of rare items add a 'watermark' to their photos to prevent theft.

VladRussianArms, your models are very good! Well done.
    And thats the crux of the matter. Some scammers do exactly that (snarf pics floating about on the web), but as there is more and more focus on those criminals pretending to own an item and conning people into shelling out money for them, more and more con men get 'outed,' as collectors draw attention to the fact, that this and that photo in a sales ad belongs to someone else hence 'ruining' the deal for the scammer
    (notice how forum members here sift through sales ads/'that auction site' and post here about the pics in these ads either belonging to the forum members themselves or clearly stolen from someone else.
    Its my sincere hope, that someone was saved from wasting money on these scams because of that).

Many of these criminals of course dont own the items in their sales ads, so they steal pics from amongst other places this forum and the other relic/collector fora out there.

Bottom line is, that a new technology to create your own pics out of thin blue air with the compositon, background, number of other assorted relics in it, is a godsend for a scammer with skills.

Quote by Pryo View Post
    I agree they are the models of someone who is very skilled in 3D modeling. Fortunately 3D rendered images like these have a tell tale look to them and it will be a while before they can pass as actual real life photos. Great job Vlad!
    I dont agree. You can make them different sized/colour or what ever.
    Further more, there are plenty of guillible people out there waiting to get scammed.
    If the pics are not good enough to fool the most vary, they soon will be.

You know the old adage 'pics dont lie' - forget about it.

?

Then we can educate people on how 3D images look. I find that its easy to tell from changes in quality in the same picture if that helps anyone. Compare the cross guard etching to the quality of the eagle in the NSKK dagger

Friends, I don't put a task to deceive someone when I do 3D - models. Therefore I use various элемены from various daggers in one work. My task to make the beautiful picture therefore I take various beautiful parts from different photos daggers and I use them in the model.
    If to set the task and to make the exact copy - nobody will distinguish it from the original. It will take more time at creation, but it is real.
    I do models for pleasure, instead of for business or fraud.

?

Quote by VladRussianArms View Post
    Friends, I don't put a task to deceive someone when I do 3D - models. Therefore I use various элемены from various daggers in one work. My task to make the beautiful picture therefore I take various beautiful parts from different photos daggers and I use them in the model.
    And I never implied, that you did.
    It was exactly for this reason, that I refrained from further comments after my inition post, but the comments (and misunderstandings) kept piling up, so I felt that I had to elaborate.

Amyway, I find this thread and your work interesting. I look forward to seeing more input from you here in regards to your renderings of blades, so lets get back on track to the subject at hand (renderings of cold steel), as Larry has already gently cautioned us and lets not be diverted.

I for one dont want to see your interesting thread closed nor side tracked.

Quote by VladRussianArms View Post
    If to set the task and to make the exact copy - nobody will distinguish it from the original. It will take more time at creation, but it is real.
    I do models for pleasure, instead of for business or fraud.
    Exactly. I thought as much. Thanks for confirming.

The thread is going in a good direction..and the use of Vlads photos is another tool for the new collector as well as the seasoned collector. Unfortunately for those who buy on impulse first will fall head over heels for these images once offered..by the scam artists...this thread will provide insight..as well as 2 other preceeding threads.."Near perfect Edged weapons and "Best of the Worst..in identifying what it is that separates in detail..the repro from the authentic. This Thread will be worthy of pinning to the main dagger forum...and I would also encourage Vlad to do the same with the other items he posted for the other forums within the WRF.

This is a dangerous sign of the times..with these images and I do not fault Vlad for them but thank him for bringing them here. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The thread is going in a good direction..and the use of Vlads photos is another tool for the new collector as well as the seasoned collector. Unfortunately for those who buy on impulse first will fall head over heels for these images once offered..by the scam artists...this thread will provide insight..as well as 2 other preceeding threads.."Near perfect Edged weapons and "Best of the Worst..in identifying what it is that separates in detail..the repro from the authentic. This Thread will be worthy of pinning to the main dagger forum...and I would also encourage Vlad to do the same with the other items he posted for the other forums within the WRF.

This is a dangerous sign of the times..with these images and I do not fault Vlad for them but thank him for bringing them here. Regards Larry
    That sums it up and I agree.
    Last edited by Scout; 02-23-2014 at 09:21 PM.

1st model Luftwaffe Presentation Dagger 1935

3D Gallery of German Daggers
    Last edited by VladRussianArms; 02-28-2014 at 01:35 PM.

First Model of Luftwaffe dagger, was introduced during the 1935, if I remember correctly.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast