Default Anyone know what this is

Anyone know what this is.

Anyone know anything about this

antAnyone know what this isAnyone know what this is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone know what this is
    P
    Many

A rather large toothpick. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It is a WW II German fireman's sidearm.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great members here and many threads of knowledge and no shortage of fun. If you look deeper you can find more data on these in various threads.

As Ralph our Moderator stated Fireman's Parade / Dress Long Model Side Arm. Usually comes with leather belt frog, Metal Scabbard & troddel (knot). These were for parades and special events. These were built identical to their daily use counterpart but the blade is chromed. The fireman sidearm have no spring loaded button because the bayonet cannot be attached to a rifle. The parade bayonets could be customized at different levels depending on how much money the owner wanted to spend to show his pride of belonging to the organization. Common upgrades included the use of engraved blades and stag handles A complete rig is below. Many makers and sometimes had a saw tooth edge. Also shown below which are more rare. Also I see you met Big Ned one of the best! Could be a toothpick in a pinch as he States

Anyone know what this isAnyone know what this isAnyone know what this isAnyone know what this is

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-01-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It is a WW II German fireman's sidearm.
    Ralph.
    Can you tell me anymore information about worth when it was made ect

?

We don't assess value here for members or guests. The market will pay various prices depending on rarity, condition, maker and whether it is complete or if fittings and blade has been messed with. You will find various prices on the internet. Shoot a picture of the makers mark on blade and we might be able to tell you the year it was made. Likely WWII period of course. Good luck.

Can't see a makers mark ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    We don't assess value here for members or guests. The market will pay various prices depending on rarity, condition, maker and whether it is complete or if fittings and blade has been messed with. You will find various prices on the internet. Shoot a picture of the makers mark on blade and we might be able to tell you the year it was made. Likely WWII period of course. Good luck.
    Where about would the mark be has I can not see one

?

Quote by Mchciken View Post
    Where about would the mark be has I can not see one
    Sometimes you will have unmarked blades. The makers mark would be clearly seen near the cross guard above leather washer. Take closer pictures of the entire piece and we may be able to distinguish who the maker was . The firms of E&F Horster, Carl Eickhorn, Holler & Alcoso were main suppliers but other factories made as well.

Like here:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone know what this is   Anyone know what this is  

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Sometimes you will have unmarked blades. The makers mark would be clearly seen near the cross guard above leather washer. Take closer pictures of the entire piece and we may be able to distinguish who the maker was . The firms of E&F Horster, Carl Eickhorn, Holler & Alcoso were main suppliers but other factories made as well.

Like here:
    Anyone know what this isAnyone know what this is

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast