Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet

Article about: Briefly: Electropenciled numbers indicate postwar Bulgarian refurbishing. I also once personally examined a Russian M 1940 Tokarev rifle that had Waffenamts all over it just like a legitimat

Default Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet

Here is Austrian M-95 with German Waa and backwards P the backwards P has always been a mystery to me. The Waa on pommel I don't know about either it may a stamp done to spice up bayonet like some of the M-95 carbines in the 80:s Second bayonet is a Polish not sure of model in a German Scabbard Waa on ball and German frog, and police knot It was veteran aquired and that is the way it came. Comments Welcome timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet   Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet  

Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet   Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet  

Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Austrian :M-95 and Polish Bayonet

most likely it was issued to a police man in germany or one who was working with the nazis in poland !! wespons from other countries where used in the german army and by german police so it would not suprise me a german police man had this !! also he may have captured it and used it anyway and put his potapee on it !!

Thats probably a good theory Relic Hunter all I know vet was 3rd army trying to get divisonal unit from his daughter bayonet was stored in hot cold attic and probably accounts for dryed and brittle leather portpee. Polish bayonet shows signs of german working such as being blued and in a German scabbard George Wheeler describes them in Seitengewher his book. timothy

Interesting combination of parts in use. I like the one with the portepee.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You have a Polish wz.27 or wz.24 bayonet (they are very close dimensionally) From the old smithy site, it would appear to be a wz.27 by the serial number being on the cross guard but I don't know if that was a hard and fast rule.

Any markings on the pommel?

No nothing on the pommel I am sure blued by Germans or more of a black finish when reworked or captured put into German use. Most Polish ones were in the white a few blued not the color of this one. thanks timothy

Yes definitely German captured with that blued blade. Still nice to own. I have a German captured wz.30 'Mobilization' bayonet which is blued, not in the white.

Look carefully along the top of the spine on your bayonet. Mine had a waffenamt there.

Hello,

the M95 is refrsched in Bulgaria after 1945

The WaA Stamp is IMO a Fake, because 1. this bayonet were not build under German control (very much earlier until 1918. The WaA is a Proof mark...not a property marking. WaA stamps you can only found on weapons made under German control) and 2. the number of the proof-group is missing

The other one a German captured polish former Wz.24, called Seitengewehr 139/2 (p). The bayonet was blued and was put in a german frog. The knot belongs to the police. So this bayonet made his service by a German police unit.

Regards

Sleepwalker that has been my suspicion of the Austrian M-95 because M-95 Carbines enterprising dealers stamped them with bogus Waa to sell them I have seen though pictures I believe in Old Johnson book a Luft Flak unit wearing M-95 bayonets. I believe it states in the book they are Austrian personnel serving in German Luft flak unit. I am curious to know what makes it refrsched in Bulgaria and how would it have wound up there? could you tell by any marking on it? I bought this bayonet from Gun shop that is why I have always been suspicious of it. He had some of the M-95 carbines with Waa all over them which has been documented by gun experts to be Fake. Thanks timothy

Hallo,

Mannlicher carabines and the M95 bayonet were used in German units until 1945. Often reworked and blued.
    Yes, this M95 was refreshed in Bulgaria... you can see on the shape of the metal and the number on the cross-guard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast