Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Baden Police Bayonet by WKC

Article about: Hey everyone. I just picked up this rare WKC Baden Police Bayonet this weekend. I'm surprised there isn't more info out there about these but I think that is partially due to the rarity of t

Jim,

A gilt Baden? Now I am impressed, well done! Mine is silver

I had initially forgotten about the Bayern Grenzjäger short sword which also had a recurred crossguard. I had I one years ago (with the rare brown frog too) but sold it to fund other things.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baden Police Bayonet by WKC
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    Jim,

A gilt Baden? Now I am impressed, well done! Mine is silver

I had initially forgotten about the Bayern Grenzjäger short sword which also had a recurred crossguard. I had I one years ago (with the rare brown frog too) but sold it to fund other things.
    Unfortunately, not mine and no longer for sale. Just thought they would add to the conversation.

Jim

Here's my silver model by WKC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baden Police Bayonet by WKC  

The knot on mine isn't exactly correct. The colors are & I believe the knot is actually a Baden Feuerwehr sword knot which isn't bad in itself, but thus far, a Baden Polizei knot eludes me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baden Police Bayonet by WKC  

Very nice! It's interesting that your WKC logo has the initials below the Knight's helmet. Could this indicate that mine is a bit older? Sure would love to see a period photo of one of these!

Some very nice and rare police sidearms gentlemen nice to see them. timothy

Yes, I believe the WKC logo sans initials predate the one with them. The WKC knight head went through some transformations which can be dated approximately but based on the period these sidearms were made, I don't think yours is much older than mine.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. I'm very thankful since I've had a little good fortune over the years to find some interesting pieces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2