Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions Welcome

Article about: Hello, I am working on acquiring this piece which has been a bucket list piece for me for years. I am working with a reputable dealer on this one which most of you will know well. I know thi

?

Default Bahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions Welcome

Bahnschutz Fuhrerdolch M1938 by Horster - 2nd model

Bahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions WelcomeBahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions Welcome
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-21-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions Welcome
    P
    Many

?

Kirk your bucket list is getting shorter and shorter but with expensive ones like this you dont want a large list....

This is a near mint piece, and being a Hörster its even harder to find.
    What is not to be liked on this one?
    The hanger is a hard to find one also...now all you need is a portepee to finish the set...that is a challange on its one

Congratz on this beauty!
    Ger

I can't see a thing to snivel about on this one either. It's a beauty! Shines like a mirror!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Amazing... that is all!!!!

You might like to see this. A period letter from Horster offering their range to DRB authorities. Interesting to note the detailed offer also included hangers and knot for the Horster Bahnschutz Fuhrerdolch.
    I have a Horster example in my collection, a tough to find dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bahnschutz - 2nd Model Railway Dagger - Opinions Welcome  

A stunning piece. And the Horster letter also highly collectable.

?

Quote by Gastvrijheid View Post
    You might like to see this. A period letter from Horster offering their range to DRB authorities. Interesting to note the detailed offer also included hangers and knot for the Horster Bahnschutz Fuhrerdolch.
    I have a Horster example in my collection, a tough to find dagger.
    Gastvrijheid,

Thanks for posting this. I did run across this I believe in the past as well on another thread or online a year back. I am very glad to hear you have one as well. If you feel inclined please post your pictures as well. I will get some more pictures when I get this by end of may. The 26th is my Birthday so I am ready for my cake to arrive. Appreciate your support
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

a real beaut.

My congratulations on your "bucket list" acquisition. Having no questions about originality, some of these daggers that I've seen that have had some small imperfections of one kind or another have exhibited signs that they may have a base metal other than aluminum. Something that is or becomes a dark color instead of that of an aluminum oxide. With my question that is a minor purely technical one being - does the hilt seem to be a little heavier than it should be? Best Regards, Fred

PS: Kudos to Gastvrijheid for the letter which is a very welcome period addition to the discussion.

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    My congratulations on your "bucket list" acquisition. Having no questions about originality, some of these daggers that I've seen that have had some small imperfections of one kind or another have exhibited signs that they may have a base metal other than aluminum. Something that is or becomes a dark color instead of that of an aluminum oxide. With my question that is a minor purely technical one being - does the hilt seem to be a little heavier than it should be? Best Regards, Fred

PS: Kudos to Gastvrijheid for the letter which is a very welcome period addition to the discussion.

indeed I have seen some with platelifting showing a greyish potmetal shine beneath.
    Looking at the small nick on the pommel rim this one seems to be the normal aluminium version.

Ger

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast