Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bayonet ids needed

Article about: Hi folks, Four bayonets here - two are German manufacture - the other two are unknown. First one is is nearly 24 inches long, with wooden grips, black painted sheath, marked CS&E on the

Default Bayonet ids needed

Hi folks, Four bayonets here - two are German manufacture - the other two are unknown. First one is is nearly 24 inches long, with wooden grips, black painted sheath, marked CS&E on the hilt and ZELINK? on the blade. Second is 20 inches long, marked R4385, Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co Solingen and Model D'Argentino 1891. Third is 18 inches long with brass grip marked E.F., FH(cursive) 69294. Fourth one is clearly a German Mauser bayonet marked 41ASW, 761 Z with a sheath marked 8258 X out and 2528 marking below the first one along with a mounted style leather frog with no discernible markings. Any help on the firs three would be appreciated. Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet ids needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet ids needed
    P
    Many

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Bayonet ids needed

The 3rd one is a cut down French lebel bayoney

?

The first one is the most desirable from these ones its a hungarian gendarmery M1931, on guard should be CS and number, Zelinka Budapest is probably on blade, the second one is already clear from crest a Argentinian M1891, third is french M1886/15 Lebel shortened in 30ies probably, the last one is SG84/98 made by E.F.Hoerster under code asw in 1941, the scabard is missmatch and should have maker on backside, probably hidden by frog.best regards,Andy

just a question, Weyersburg & k, kinda lazy right now- anyway, I see alot of their bayo's in ww1 period, but hardly any in ww2, was he a jew? i have a k-98, 1939 it is a weyersberg, even has name on the scabbard, actually it is the best bayonet I have, only a small rust spot
    just a question. thank's

?

Weyersberg changed to code crs around 1940,and made bayos to end of war.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Third Reich bayonets by Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Company are marked WKC and later received the code 'cvl'

crs = Paul Weyersberg und Co, Solingen

Jean

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Weyersberg changed to code crs around 1940,and made bayos to end of war.
    thank's very much, crap I have a crs & never would have known, think my weyersburg from 39 is worth anything more than a crs? the letters are kinda small but very clear? just wondering, thank's again.

regards Marty
    Last edited by crazy horse; 08-04-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    just a question, Weyersburg & k, kinda lazy right now- anyway, I see alot of their bayo's in ww1 period, but hardly any in ww2, was he a jew? i have a k-98, 1939 it is a weyersberg, even has name on the scabbard, actually it is the best bayonet I have, only a small rust spot
    just a question. thank's
    weyersberg-kirshbaum&co was renamed just before ww2 into WKC solingen........ need i say more? it was together with carl eickhorn one of the most importend supplier of daggers-swords and so in ww2.

greetings eddy

Quote by lightyone View Post
    weyersberg-kirshbaum&co was renamed just before ww2 into WKC solingen........ need i say more? it was together with carl eickhorn one of the most importend supplier of daggers-swords and so in ww2.

greetings eddy
    yeah , cool eiickhorn is still an icon in the knife making bizz.

?

Crazy Horse,is your bayo marked WKC,or is it marked like this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet ids needed  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast