Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Article about: This was brought back from Spain.....by my fiances nanna.......

Default re: The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

The SS dagger is a poor fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art
    P
    Many

Indeed, it's no good. The quality is not that of any dagger from any manufacture during the tr period, none. However, this is a thread for daggers which are known by the poster to be fake. It would serve best, along with receive more opinions, if you were to create your own thread for an authentication. Good luck and save your time and gas.

The dagger was actually posted here too and got a massive thumbs down as one would expect:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...dagger-325571/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Then why the repost and request more opinions Pablo? Lol

11 people told you it was bad, I'd say the verdict is in. It undoubtably deserves to be here, however.

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

I have only grabbed a couple of pictures off the net as this peculiar sword is on it's way to me.
    My opinion at the moment before it arrives is that it could be a liberated Gendarmerie Royale weapon that has had 2 Nazi plates knocked up and soldered to the hilt.
    Note how the swastika is the wrong way round.

Either that, or it is a hunk of junk destined to adorn my office out of reach and nearly out of sight.

What do you edged weapon men think?

All the best
    Doug

Attachment 547355Attachment 547356Attachment 547357Attachment 547354

$900.- and this one could be yours...LINK
    Attachment 549171
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Hello, I just aquired this dagger from someone who said he had received it from a German officer during WWII, and I was wondering whether it was real or a replica.
    I'm only worried about the hilt being something other than wood. But I've seen some pictures of genuine works with handles that do not look like wood either, hence the doubt.

If it were real, any idea how much it'd be worth?

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 553838Attachment 553839
    Attachment 553840Attachment 553841
    Attachment 553842Attachment 553843
    Attachment 553845

If you need any more photos for closer inspection I'll gladly supply them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

?

This is a expensive one if it was the real thing:
    Note:easy to see: the Eickhorn logo most be stamped, not etched.
    HUNTING ASSOCIATION DELUXE DOUBLE-ETCHED CUTLASS `EICKHORN` + NCO KNOT LOT-REPRODUC
    Sale Price: $396.00

Description: Post-war done Eickhorn example w/added `DJ` hunting badge glued to stag grip. 10" blade has dark gray background to squirrel trademark & to both etched hunter scene panels, not 3rd Reich era quality. Green felt washer. Frosted silver finished fittings & stag grip. Green leather scabbard body has no shell & froted silver metal fittings w/stamped stag scene on tip. + NCO style bayonet also looks post-war done.
    The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Rare erwacht pocketknife!!!!!!The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

?

Quote by ReRonin View Post
    Hello, I just aquired this dagger from someone who said he had received it from a German officer during WWII, and I was wondering whether it was real or a replica.
    I'm only worried about the hilt being something other than wood. But I've seen some pictures of genuine works with handles that do not look like wood either, hence the doubt.

If it were real, any idea how much it'd be worth?

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 553838Attachment 553839
    Attachment 553840Attachment 553841
    Attachment 553842Attachment 553843
    Attachment 553845

If you need any more photos for closer inspection I'll gladly supply them.
    No need for more pictures, its a fake.
    Having a buffer pad, not the right RZM SS code on the blade, a plastic grip, its screaming: RUNNNNNNNNNNN
    cheers,
    Ger

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast