Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Article about: This was brought back from Spain.....by my fiances nanna.......

the worrying part is there appears to be more fake daggers models than there were ever real ones , i might start collecting fake daggers now i could open a museum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art
    P
    Many

?

This is the first heer dagger with the eagle looking to it's left wing instead of it's right. I guess the owner is a member of the left wing of the army LOL

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

I like this one Army dagger too - Producer Carl Eickhorn - superb quality!!! I can imagine smile on your fase Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

?

Peter im still laughing

Man thats a great Eick, we all want one like this, marked on the guard, a great Logo of a squirl or it comes close.
    And then the Crossguard Eagle, the big small headed eagle , hahahhahahaa
    Well i would certainly buy it, if i need a smile i would just take that one out of the drawer for a good laugh.

This is the funniest repro thing ive ever seen

Ger

LOL.....I think we found an Army dagger that can be the "Poster child"...of what a fake dagger really looks like. Its been awhile..but..this is the Best of the Worst............
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Peter, that is really the worst heer dagger I have ever seen. I wonder if the person who made this ever saw a real one. I guess not! LOL

Danny

Hello, this dagger was in one Internet auction several years ago. Seller was from Poland and tell me that it is authentic dagger, he want about 350 € for this unique piece. I just download photos for my gallery of reproduction... this one is real treasure of all reproductions - not cheap Chinese reproduction! Scabbard of this dagger was also very funny, but I lost picture of it
    Regards Peter

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

This questionable dagger is being offered on Germania International site Third Reich; Hitler Youth
    but they are not claiming it is authentic as they are not sure themselves,,but read their bio on how they found it. I bring it here for discussion only of authenticity and thoughts. No attacks shall be made towards Germania International as they are not offering as "authentic"

What are our thoughts on this supposed HJ leader prototype dagger? Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My one thought here is , would they use a standard Heer scabbard in a prototype dagger for a presumably high position within the HJ, or design a completely different one with engravings to denote HJ, it seems that it should be better thought out, why design a hereto unknown dagger and place it in an ordinary scabbard, there's a fair amount of doubt in my mind

Not for me. It appears to have a hotch potch of parts from Heer scabbard to Diplomatic dagger fittings and a 1st pattern Luftwaffe suspension chain. The grip looks a bit offish with the wire wrapping around it not appearing to be secured by a brad screw in the pommel cap as all other genuine types do. The majority of the swastikas look rather rounded around the edges which is a sign of no finishing and cheap casting. And the stippling on the crossguard around the eagles wings looks rubbish to me. This would have been hand finished and not cast into the guard as it can easily be seen is the case here and on the bird's breast feathers. Remember, this is a supposed prototype, it should look superb.

There are other things too like the lack of an etched blade motto and the fact it's not RZM marked as all others i've seen are, but I guess you could write that off under the excuse of this being a prototype, and hence neither here nor there. Finally, the fact that the James P. Attwood book is invoked in the advertisement as an example explaining the facts around the making of one off prototype daggers is enough to make me run a mile.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast