Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Article about: This was brought back from Spain.....by my fiances nanna.......

I counted the grip being HJ..or repro...the scabbard being Govt. Official..or repro.....The Chain being 1st Luft..... the chain clip coming from an NSKK chained dagger, and the swastika adorned onto the clip a recent put on..like the whole dagger is believed to be.

I would be interested to see if there is any period documentation hinting that an HJ leader was in the works...but as mentioned by all in above posts..what it narrows down to is workmanship and quality.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art
    P
    Many

Ha ha ha Gerrit!
    I had to zoom in on that ugly spot on the blade to discover it was Adolf!
    I'm sure he looks great underwater!
    Great one!

Gerrit,
    I've literally been looking for many, many years for that exact same Nationale Jeugdstorm knife (preferably with the meeuw insert)!!!!
    Please let me know if you ever come across one, or if you want to sell yours.
    They're obviously not very common in the US......
    Da's een prachtig mesje!!

Groet,
    Jerry

FRANK1958
    ?

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

My father was a collector of all things military. Having served in SAC (USAF) during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he took great pride in his military days. After his passing, I came across many artifacts, including this SS dagger. I have done endless research, but have come up empty with regards to it’s authenticity. I know the history of the dagger, but am not sure how to tell for sure if it is real…or a reproduction. I know that the first 200 were numbered, and I cannot find any number of that sort. I am hoping that the photos attached will be sufficient in determining it’s authenticity. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

?

on Marktplaats an ad came up, it says:
    "This HJ knife was found near the polish border in a barn",
    Hahahhahaha..thats where they make them i guess LMAO
    enjoy this great knife including a WaffenAbnahme Stamp
    Cheers,
    Ger
    The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Funny how they cover up the swastika so it does not offend people.... but the knife itself??
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I liberated this one from the Axis History forum.....take a look at this sweetheart. What do you think Danny "dr73'...maybe "Luftmarine??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  
    Attached Images Attached Images The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art 

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I liberated this one from the Axis History forum.....take a look at this sweetheart. What do you think Danny "dr73'...maybe "Luftmarine??
    I believe it is a Kriegswaffe dagger actualy Larry. Thanks everyone for posting these, I have found some confidence in my edged weapon knowledge knowing that I can at least spot these really obvious fakes.

?

You guys are kidding me!
    You cant tell me you've never heard about the Famous motorised SS Luftdivision stationed on The Battleschip the SS Scharnhorst?
    Well im disappointed!

Ger

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Dear Friends, in my opinon the blue diamond, not exist during the time of the Third Reich, so this knife, it always according to my opinon, is a fake. The blade, I think it is not original. you who think. Thanks in advance

Attachment 589382

Attachment 589384

Attachment 589387

Attachment 589388

Attachment 589390
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast