MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help??

Article about: Hello fellow collectors. I am after any info i can get on this knife, i got it with a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger a year or so ago, the guy i got it off said he got them both off a vet who go

Default Can anyone help??

Hello fellow collectors.

I am after any info i can get on this knife, i got it with a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger a year or so ago, the guy i got it off said he got them both off a vet who got it off a German Paratrooper in Italy during the war, i know it is not army issue but i cant find much info on it, i have been able to find others but they all have stainless blades where this one is carbon steel.

The markings it has are, C.10 and C.12 on each side at the blade end, and Springer at the other, and on the blade it has Bonsa Solingen Germany.

Any info would be cool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone help??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can anyone help??

I also need some help on a dress bayonet i have, i would like to know if it is legit or not, i have looked online and i have had had no luck in finding the makers mark, i can take some better pics if needed.

?

Hello Scooter,

this is a post war fall out or springer knife, it has Germany stamped on it.
    The story the seller has told you also has a big red flag, a paratrooper in italy would certainly not be armed with a 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger.
    If you had his gravity knife then it would made more sense.
    An identical one is recently sold in suisse:
    Springer-Messer in Wetzikon von Walti41 kaufen bei ricardo.ch

cheers Ger

Thanks for the info Ger

My story is a bit misleading sorry, he got both knives off a vet who was stationed in Italy, but not off the same prisoner, he was told by the vet that he had confiscated it of a paratrooper, i know it is not army issue and i have tried to find info on it and all i have been able to find is that post war the blade was stainless steel, and pre war they were carbon steel. One thing i wanted to know was if i paid too much or not, i paid about $80 for it so looking at your link i guess i paid the going rate.

Thanks again for the info.

The knife is switchblade type, and likely from the 50's or 60's. If it works as such, $80 was
    a very good buy. I suppose it's possible that this style was made and sold earlier - though
    it is not military, as you mentioned. The bayonet is by 'E&F Horster'. Usually this maker
    used a logo only or in a cartouche, so not sure just when it was made.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help??  
    Regards,

Steve.

This style of automatic was made pre 45, and well after. It is a small hunting folder. The bolster serves as a stuck cartridge extractor for 10 & 12 gage shotguns.

Wolfgang