Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone ID this for me?

Article about: Inherited this recently, and really haven't a clue what I'm looking at! My somewhat muddled 'research' seems to ID it as a WWII German Fire Service dagger, possibly an officer's (just under

nwcs
    ?

Default Can anyone ID this for me?

Inherited this recently, and really haven't a clue what I'm looking at! My somewhat muddled 'research' seems to ID it as a WWII German Fire Service dagger, possibly an officer's (just under 8" blade - no markings - one edge serrated), with metal scabard, black leather hanger and gold[ish]-coloured portepee/troddel with thin rows of blue?/green?/grey? thread in it. While the portepee was used to hang it up somewhere for the last unknown while, it shows marks that would seem to indicate that it was, at one point, properly wrapped. Can anyone add any clarification for me? I'm probably not keeping it, but it would be nice to know what I'm passing along!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone ID this for me?   Can anyone ID this for me?  

Can anyone ID this for me?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Can anyone ID this for me?

i never saw a frog like that on a firemans dagger. it looks like it would belong to the hershfanger style blades , forestry or hunting. nice saw back firemans dagger.
    andrew

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Your research is basically correct. Good original Fire service parade side arm.

I have not actually seen a leather frog like that one before.

Cheers, Ade.

nwcs
    ?

Thanks, gentlemen, for your confirmations. I couldn't spot anything like that frog, either, in the acres and acres of web photos I've scrolled through the past couple of days. I think I'll leave any further research to my history-buff niece, since I think she'll appreciate the piece more than anyone else.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.