Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collection of Repro Daggers

Article about: Amazing 'rocks' Eric.........!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I don't think there was any belittling here and I hope that's not the way the Berlin sees this. I think some of us are just confused as to why someone would want To make a collection of repros. I can understand buying them for re enactment use or to study, as Larry said, but not with the intention of "collecting" them so to speak. It's nothing against Berlinvet. I'm sure he is happy with what he has and of so I'm happy for him. I'd just hate to see him invest a good amount of hard earned money on the pretend stuff.
    Exactly my opinion.
    There was not any belittling from my behalf.
    I just think that, for the amount invested in repros, he could have bought an original HJ dagger or period bayonets.

For reenactment, i can understand but as a collection, i dont see the point.
    I just see it as a waste of money.

He is entitled to buy whatever he wants and whatever he likes.
    I hope i have not offended anyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection of Repro Daggers
    P
    Many

?

I like the arrow heads and always wanted to find one myself.
    Was offered an arrow head by a friend and was tempted, but really wanted to find that first one myself - so far no luck.

Again, I was not belittling the seller, just asking why he chose to collect reproductions and that it wouldn't be my first choice. I will add, that on a personal note, when I put a thread up about my small collection of relic German helmets, I had several comments/messages stating that members didn't know why I collected them as they do not hold the same historical value and they were a waste of time and money etc..... They are bought to build up a collection so one day I could sell them to purchase a nice example but until then, they were keeping me happy. I also liked them.

Sorry for the rant but it shows that yes, people can collect what they want, but secondly, there will always be people wanting to know why you are choosing to collect those items, which is what I was wondering.

Makes me wonder why people take their deceased pets and have them stuffed by the taxidermist...but who am I to call that person weird right?....I collect darkened history that led to mass murder. To each their own
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

and still other people wonder how we can collect these Nazi items at all. original or fakes.

?

Those are some funny looking rocks, Eric!
    Especially if one of them is attached to a wooden shaft and sticking in your butt.

?

Those are some funny looking rocks, Eric!
    Those come from the land you own buddy ?

?

Personally I don't care what people collect, they can collect Sun rays or moon dust, but unfortunately when opinions are asked on a forum such as this, there will be a certain amount of curiosity as to collecting a fair amount of fake or replica items and that can be expressed with a type of disbelief, but there is certainly no criticism edged with belittling or at least there should'nt be, and I would expect most if not a very large majority of the members here are of the same views

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Those come from the land you own buddy ?
    Hey Steve..it would be best if you PM Eric regarding your comment and not on the open forum.......I see where this is going
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is ok Larry. Yes Steve it is the place I tried to get you to go with me. If you would like to try and go again with Gail (Trip) and I let me know man.
    He found a nice knife last time.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast