Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collection of Repro Daggers

Article about: Amazing 'rocks' Eric.........!

Default Collection of Repro Daggers

I have started trying to collect some rerproduction daggers and swords. This is what I have so far:

I know some aren't Nazi ones, especially the last one, it was used by soldiers when they lost their combat knife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collection of Repro Daggers   Collection of Repro Daggers  

Collection of Repro Daggers   Collection of Repro Daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection of Repro Daggers
    P
    Many

Why collect reproductions?

The last one, is not a repro. It is from a Mess Kit Utensil set. It is American, I believe.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I just cant understand what makes you collect reproductions.
    Dont take this wrong, but you are spending your money on fakes and repros........

With the money you have spent, you could have bought a nice original HJ dagger, a WH sword or period bayonets.

I cannot admire something like this, sorry.

I agree with the above. Personally, I would prefer to have original items and not repro's. Why do you choose to collect reproductions out of interest?

Repros do have a place in re-enactments and as fill-ins for higher more expensive awards like RK's for uniform sets until you can afford a real one, but I've never heard of someone making a collection out of repros. Baffles me.

While this is NOT a forum for reproductions - but one to show and discuss ORIGINAL artifacts - people have a right and reason to collect what they will. What seems anathema to us can be perfectly justifiable ( for a host of reasons ) to another..... that is their right.

I would just counsel the OP that they will not get many ( if any ) sympathetic eyes or ears for reproductions on collector forums such as ours.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

You're right Dan. If one wises to collect rocks they may do so. I just hope he doesn't anticipate a return on his investment.

Quote..(You're right Dan. If one wises to collect rocks they may do so. I just hope he doesn't anticipate a return on his investment).

Hey! I collect rocks
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

No matter what people choose to collect and to spend their money on, it is their choice and they should not be belittled for that.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast