Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dagger identification originality-

Article about: Good evening, I understand that I continue to close help for what I happen to see but I'm trying to buy a dagger that I like, that is original and is a MY FIRST ORIGINAL DAG and then what yo

Default Dagger identification originality-

Good evening, I understand that I continue to close help for what I happen to see but I'm trying to buy a dagger that I like, that is original and is a MY FIRST ORIGINAL DAG and then what you think of this.
    THANK YOUDagger identification originality-Dagger identification originality-Dagger identification originality-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger identification originality-
    P
    Many

Just going by the maker markings on the blade, I would pass on this one if I were you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Just going by the maker markings on the blade, I would pass on this one if I were you.
    Ralph.
    Yes. Very odd and unlike anything I've seen before
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello I think you want to look for something closer to this. I believe it's some variation of a RLB knock off fake dagger. Best regards.

Brian

Dagger identification originality-Dagger identification originality-

From Wittman militaria

Wittmann Militaria #38901 2nd Model RLB Enlisted Man's Dagger - Ernst Witte

?

I think that is meant to be a postal protection dagger. It dose not look like a good however.

?

Bad reprodcution of the Postschutz Dagger

Trying to be like this: Postschutz Chained Dagger - Paul Weyersberg
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

This is a polish fake dagger!
    Very bad overall... seen these a million times.
    Sells for around 100€ directly from Poland.

A case of contrived patina. What does a scabbard do? it protects the blade. So in most circumstances unless submerged in water, or left unsheathed, a blade should shine even if the scabbard and hilt do not. Stupid fakers don't realize that in their rush to create the impression of age.

Postal daggers were not from a political organization and no RZM markings will be found on any of them.

Kirk shows in his link a great example including Reichspost number beneath the lower guard.
    Does your example have a DRP number ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The other thing that is a red flag is that the postschutz postal protection dagger had a chained scabbard and it was also not wrapped in blue leather. The scabbard of the piece your showing is mimicking more of a 2nd Model RLB Officer's Dagger pictured below. They have not even come close to having proper components match up. Run fast and hard away from this one.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast