Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?

Article about: I've never seen one of these daggers before. It looks well made so I'm wondering if it's possible that it is a rare dagger but generally I find that it's just a fake. Thoughts?

Default Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?

I've never seen one of these daggers before. It looks well made so I'm wondering if it's possible that it is a rare dagger but generally I find that it's just a fake. Thoughts?
    Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?
    P
    Many

Looks like a fantasy piece to me.
    The eagle on the chain clip looks like it is taken from a SA dagger.

Cheers,
    Jonas

?

Hey Naptime,

First time me seeing as well and have been collecting for many years. Thanks for posting. Was this one of the rare pieces you mentioned the other day from the gentleman who had the Red Cross Leader for Sale? Below are my thoughts and only opinions. I am sure others will add sage and knowledge to the thread.

- Looks like pommel, hilt wrap thread and bands are similar to a Hitler Youth Leader.
    - Crossguard and eagle concern me just in how they seem to have a uniform patina. Aging / Antiquing seems to be applied to me.
    - What is dot or black spot in center of swastika? Eagle detail & Swastika does not seem to be crisp German craftsmanship.
    - Chain looks similar to a 1st model luftwaffe dagger. Were there any stampings on clip on chain near emblematic eagle? SA Eagle?
    - Blade looks also like a Hitler Youth Leader or 1st model luftwaffe dagger. Very polished. Was there any crossgraining to blade?
    - Makers Mark...I can faintly see Solingen Curved in Oval. Can't tell if stamped or etched in blade? Did you see maker name?
    - Other markings? Are there any other stamps or marks on the piece?
    - Top of pommel - Was there a set screw to take dagger apart or anywhere else to take down?

Without seeing in hand pictures are hard. My gut says it is a fantasy piece. Again...Never seen one so I will be interested to see what our fellow experts know and can add to thread. I am not feeling that it is a prototype or special rare dagger, I am just not sure and hope I have been some help to you.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Looks like a fantasy piece to me cobbled together from some period parts & perhaps some newer constructed items.

Maker mark looks like either Horster or Weyersberg. Can you confirm which mark it is & maybe post a pic or two of it?

Sorry...Total Frankenstein.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

we had one of those in the 80s, bought cheap, sold cheap

?

sorry mate, faketastic. still nice dagger though.

If this were a prototype dagger I would expect a little more defined detail. The logo is almost non existent and that alone would be the center piece of the producer assembling this by the specifications in which they were sent. The logo is a poor representative of this dagger..and the lighting leaves much more to be desired.

I am certain this is a cheap creation...but almost leaning towards it being copied from a prototype of some sort. For some odd reason it looks familiar. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Naturally, it looks familiar! There looks to be a little bit of Everything in there and Then some! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default A Sister / Brother Piece

Here are some photos of another one currently online. Price Tagged at $2500+. Not billed as an original but as a potential prototype. No proof or providence that it is the real deal. Since I was 15 and began this hobby 30+ years ago my Grandfather always told me "If the dog poops on the sidewalk and it is in the shape of an eagle...don't get excited....It is still dog poop...Not a real eagle". Pretty profound I know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?   Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?  

Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?   Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?  

Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?   Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast