Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Diplomatic/Government Dagger??

Article about: This is not really part of the forum I frequent as I'm not really a fan of German 'Dagger's ...much rather a nice combat S84/98 bayonet. Any my reason for being here is a friend at work has

Just out of interest is the scabbard also a repro one, part of a '70's set or is it a repro dagger in a real scabbard? I guessing it's also a repro, though my knowledge and interest in these could be written on the back of a postage stamp...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Mike...I do have to give you credit though for all your closely detailed photos. Death at first sight..was the grip plates..then the grip eagle..nail in the coffin was the producer logo..which is a horrible Holler example. There have been rare cases of Holler making Govt official daggers...IMO I have seen these examples..not enough to support the production of these. Other collectors think differently who collect these type of daggers...but this dagger does not stand a near chance of being one of them. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nothing more to add-the guys have it pretty much nailed. 100%

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I brought one of these back for a friend some years ago from Majorca, around 2001 if I remember correctly, £20 in a box !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Quote by big ned View Post
    Yeah....It's made by his Spanish cousin; pronounced "Hola".
    With acknowledgment to 'big ned': Or in the full context of the sentence: Hola señor, ¿Puedo vender un poco de frijoles mágicos?

Thanks for all the info etc. At least it's an easy answer when I tell him where to put it...the bin!!

If you ever held or saw a real one close up the craftmenship, detail and beauty is stunning, making the one you posted look like it came from a cracker jack box, I would love to own a real one but they are super expensive, which is another reason why they are faked and should always be approached with caution,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12