Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Display help

Article about: After a year of waiting i am finally in the process of moving and i am now planning my collection display. Can anyone recomend a decent cabinet with plenty of room for daggers bayonets that

?

Default Display help

After a year of waiting i am finally in the process of moving and i am now planning my collection display.
    Can anyone recomend a decent cabinet with plenty of room for daggers bayonets
    that is good value for money and i can get in the UK.
    I would also like it to be contempory and not antique looking.
    Also where can i get individual wall sword mounts made of perspex? i have seen some on ebay,does anyone else use them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Display help

Hi LMG i have always found it tricky to find a decent cabinet to display my daggers so ended up building my own, but when i did that found some half decent cabinets in Ikea just go on there site and have a browse, i have used the perspex display stands also.
    You can usually get them at most of the larger military fairs but i am pretty sure it's the same guy who sells them on ebay, you could always pick up your own perspex and make your own but i personally think their finish will be better than ours ,
    hope this helps a little ,
    cheers Ronnie

Luke,if you go to www.the rupturedduck.com they have everything you need for displaying you collection.The Lucite dagger stands are really nice.As for a cabinet I am using a ''curio '' cabinet with glass shelves it is about six and one half by four and one half it has six glass shelves and two doors that open .Looks great.PS it is also lighted

?

Thanks for the help guys, i am considering one from Ikea,but i also want to look at other websites which sell cabinets Tesco etc

?

Hi luke ,how are you? I would check the local paper and estate sales if you can as here in the u.s the estate sales i go to have some great display cases and other ways to display your items ! Wish you lived closer as you could go with me and get a realy nice cases..nice to see /here your posting as i wish you well and hope you find what your looking for.!

?

Hi Pammy im good thanks,hope ur well.
    Thats a good idea u never know what u will find,
    in the uk we have car boot sales which are always worth having
    a nose round.
    Nice to hear from you Pammy

Car boot sales in the U.S.are called ''look what fell off a truck sale"

Hi Luke, try Argos.

These are nice, but not exactly cheap at £175, but they look good and are well made. The mirror backing is a bonus as it allows you to see the back of items. I have three and the shelves will take weight of helmets, glass heads, etc..

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display help  

?

That looks like a nice cabinet,i had not seen that one in Argos before.
    Thanks for the help Ade