Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

Article about: I can't seem to find any other PUMA knives with this logo, if this is indeed a Puma logo? The blade is stamped 1944 on the other side. Not my pics, but they are not bad. This knife is part o

Default Re: Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

I think this leads us back to the variant theory,,if certain makers changed their logo for production number reasons. I also found a link on which Reibert touches on the thought of the letter alone being the maker. But in his post it might be speculation. heres the link and in Post #5 https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...o-please-6192/
    Hopefully Riebert can comment on this shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?
    P
    Many

I've blown up and made vertical two pics showing the stampings. It seems like a lot of work to go through to make a "fake' like this, and I can't find any others out there, which in case of the real thing, or other fakes, you would think that something similar would pop up, either way? I did run the pics by a seemingly knowledgable militaria dealer on the net, and he thinks the knife is real, but the markings are odd.

Hello Mike,
    I am pretty sure that the sheath is post war made. It should have cross-hatching on the clip as in the ones that I have posted.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, i was wondering about that, but most of the single clip sheaths don't have any cross hatching (?), so possibly a late war variation? What is the cross hatching on the clips for, does anyone know? For grip?

I do not believe I have seen a single clip with cross-hatching.
    Since these were made for clipping into boots or tunics and they have a runner,(spring inside), which holds the blade well, they are to hold the sheath securely in place when the knife is pulled out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, mates !

I´d pass on this one !

Blade, makers mark, grip plates, scabbard, ...

This is not an legit "Kampfmesser der Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe" at all !

There never was a Luftwaffe fighting knife showing any makers marks !

Here is another differently marked knife from anything I've seen before and the seller says it's the rare occasion where he'll stand behind that it is an original vet pickup item. And there are some similarities to the one original posted, non cross hatched clips, odd markings, though not Puma of course.

My own blow up of the logo;

Is this another fake?

This is so dang confusing, unless one buys a Luft Eagle 6 or similar common variation. But then again, if someone's willing to make fakes that don't immediately pass for real because of strange markings, what the chances they wouldn't make damn good copies of something as simple as a knife with an Eagle 6 stamp?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi, mates !

I´d pass on this one !

Blade, makers mark, grip plates, scabbard, ...

This is not an legit "Kampfmesser der Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe" at all !

There never was a Luftwaffe fighting knife showing any makers marks !
    It's never been said it's Luftwaffe, so it's maybe not Luftwaffe. But what about all the other PUMA boot knives out there, obviously showing maker's marks?

Something I'm not getting here.

This is a fake also !

Try the surch function and I´m sure, you´ll find some threads regarding the Luftwaffe fighting knife.

There are quite a few styles of fighting knives produced during the TR period and earlier. This style that you have posted is known to be issued to the Luftwaffe, hence Reibert's comment.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast