MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

Article about: I can't seem to find any other PUMA knives with this logo, if this is indeed a Puma logo? The blade is stamped 1944 on the other side. Not my pics, but they are not bad. This knife is part o

Default Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

I can't seem to find any other PUMA knives with this logo, if this is indeed a Puma logo? The blade is stamped 1944 on the other side. Not my pics, but they are not bad. This knife is part of a very large lot of seemingly good Imperial, WWI, WWII, and some Russian stuff. But not impossible that a fake would be in there.

Any info, impressions greatly appreciated as usual ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?

Hi Mike I think its ok,, but the blade looks like it has been painted as I see a run mark of paint on the ricasso. See what the others have to say. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx Larry ;-)

Does that Puma logo and the date thing seem ok, I can't find an other like it anywhere on the net?

Hi Mike heres a link and a couple photos from the link of Puma boot knife and its maker logo...the letter "P" may be a later variant,, but in the mean time check out the rest of the link and hopefully the Boot knife gents will chime in. Best Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...knives-3415-2/
    Attached Images Attached Images Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?  Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not? 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Mike,
    I don't believe this is an original Puma fighting knife. I have never seem this company use just the letter "P". When I am on my other computer, I will post some photos of my example. I believe the example that Larry has posted is the only type that they made. They did use a couple of different trademarks, but none like the one that you have posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hmmm, yeah it is odd. Although it's hard to believe throughout the war they only had a PUMA Solingen logo that looks commercial, almost?

I don't know if Reibert has seen these or not .......... but I'm not liking this one at all - and I believe that the markings are hand stamped one character at a time. FP

I am anxiously waiting to see what he says.

Here is my example of a Pume fighting knife. It bears a different version of Puma's maker mark than the one that Larry posted.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?   Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?  

Does this PUMA Fighting Knife/Boot Knife look OK, or not?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The Puma marking is odd and does not appear in any references that I own or have seen on the internet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast