Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

Article about: Ask someone about DRK hewers and their manufacturers and almost immediatly they say: Luneschloss Klaas although no makers name on the blade, there is a way of identifying them: removing the

?

Default DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

Ask someone about DRK hewers and their manufacturers and almost immediatly they say:
    Luneschloss
    Klaas

although no makers name on the blade, there is a way of identifying them:
    removing the gripplates and look what makers name is on them.
    But...lots of the gripplate schrews are rusty and you dont want to break those gripplates by force...so that option isnt always there.

False or true?
    Second way , the easy one: look at the bottom fitting of the scabbard, Klaas use 2 schrews, luneschloss didnt.

Fact:
    Problem with luneschloss DRK daggers are: a haircrack in their mediallon on the back.
    Always look carefully if the haircrack is their, if so you have the chance that it will break, and the lower half will fall off.

Both daggers use on their blades the "Ges.Gesch." marking.
    But they are also found with no markings.....is that an unknown maker?

If i tell you that Eickhorn also made them what would you say?
    Here the Eickhorn catalogue, which has a DRK hewer in it.

If you can add any info about these great pieces of steel, please reply
    Cheers,
    GerDRK Hauer facts, true or false?DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hauer facts, true or false?
    P
    Many

I love this when minute pieces of the puzzle come together
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

If your remove the grip plates then the identity can been seen.
    Not only gripplates are marked, but frame of a Klaas also, here a nice picture of the frame marking.
    Regards,
    Ger
    DRK Hauer facts, true or false?DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

Very good info gerrit!
    My example with two screws on the lower fitting.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Hauer facts, true or false?   DRK Hauer facts, true or false?  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Great dagger Ralph
    and nicely stamped frame!

Best,
    Ger

Im curious if the frames from the other producers are stamped like this..or is this a isolated practice from this one producer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good question Larry, at least we know that Klaas not only marked the gripplates but also the frame.

I would like to see if the no lower scabbard screws config is a Luneschloss or an Eickhorn one.
    Next time oppurtunity i will look if the frame or gripplates of the non Klaas are marked.

Ger

?

Here the inside of a non marked one, most likely a luneschloss
    This one belongs to Michael Ryan, thx for the pics!
    Only markings on this one are a 11 on the inside of the gripplates.
    DRK Hauer facts, true or false?DRK Hauer facts, true or false?DRK Hauer facts, true or false?

Mine is a P.D. Luneschloss. No photos of the makers mark, but I did open it up many years ago and noted it for my files.

(Ignore the knot, it is a modern replica.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Hauer facts, true or false?   DRK Hauer facts, true or false?  

DRK Hauer facts, true or false?   DRK Hauer facts, true or false?  

DRK Hauer facts, true or false?   DRK Hauer facts, true or false?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade did you remember what stood inside your Luneschloss gripplates?
    I would be very pleaed if by change you could add the pics here, that would complete this post a bit more!
    If that one is properly Luneschloss marked, then we have the proff that their is one more producer..
    Thx,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast