Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??

Article about: I just bought this Red Cross dagger at an estate sale for \\$325, which I thought was a pretty good buy! When I got to looking it over more, I noticed on the SIDE of the handle it is stamped 4

Default DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??

I just bought this Red Cross dagger at an estate sale for $325, which I thought was a pretty good buy! When I got to looking it over more, I noticed on the SIDE of the handle it is stamped 420 LEIPZIG. Is this a personal inscription by the owner or is it some other kind of marking?? Thanks

Bill
    DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hewer marked on side of handle 420 LEIPZIG??
    P
    Many

Very cool piece, and you got it for about half price! it is definatly original, I never saw one marked like that before but I believe this is a unit marking, Leipzig is a city in eastern germany, the unit marking would bump the price a bit compared to a unmarked one, all you need is a leather frog to complete the set! great find!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply!! Do you know anyone selling a frog??

Yes I do, try here New Items
    he has one listed in his new items section and it would match perfect, but do not email him as he usually wont respond or respond slowly, you have to call him and leave a message if he doesnt answer he will call you back, hopefully it did not sell yet, I saw another somewhere but I cannot remember where right now, if I find it I will let you know.
    There is also a silver blue portepee knot that does belong to this hewer(it is called a hewer in the hobby not dagger btw) but forget about that, they are as rare as white elephants and I have seen original ones sell for more then what you paid for the blade itself!

Fair price for this conduction dagger IMO

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Add here is my offficers ...https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...WX3CWmCoDIdb_w....................

Ez
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I like the unit marking.

DRK Leipzig-Stadt e.V.

Here is mine for good measure. Ignore the knot as it is a replica.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ns-hewer-1027/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Its a real bonus seeing one with a unit marking, and its in decent shape.
    Some are marked on the upper part of the lancet on the reverse side too, but hard to find.

You had a bargain

Ger

?

Bill,

Now thats a great find at a bargain price

Unit Marked is a very nice addition!!

You done very well

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Bill...you did great!!....picking this up at half price with a Unit marking on it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast