Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DRK Hewer, new to my collection.

Article about: Nice salty DRK hewer Ralph! I have owned quite a few of these Hewers and they are a lot of steel for their value. I guess you have a Klaas here, its has the lower scabbard fitting with the 2

?

Nice salty DRK hewer Ralph!

I have owned quite a few of these Hewers and they are a lot of steel for their value.
    I guess you have a Klaas here, its has the lower scabbard fitting with the 2 sidescrews.
    Klaas use 2 schrews, luneschloss didnt.
    Unfortunate the backplate has a crack, so maybe your willing to remove the backplates and see what logo is underneath them?

congratz on this addition!

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph...a very nice addition to any collection. A hanger will come later ... But the beauty of what is not there temporarily can still be dressed up with supporting accoutrements ....ie: A belt buckle .. A Red Cross armband ..related insignia etc....and!!!! ... Related "in wear" photos you can find right here on the forum which Also will display very nicely with your DRK dagger. This is a decent conditioned example that a hanger will soon to follow, Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice Hewer Ralph

I personally like these red cross hewers, hope you find a nice worn frog to match

Congrats !

Regards Mac 66.

Nice find Ralph.
    I have one on my wish list.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice salty DRK hewer Ralph!

I have owned quite a few of these Hewers and they are a lot of steel for their value.
    I guess you have a Klaas here, its has the lower scabbard fitting with the 2 sidescrews.
    Klaas use 2 schrews, luneschloss didnt.
    Unfortunate the backplate has a crack, so maybe your willing to remove the backplates and see what logo is underneath them?

congratz on this addition!

Ger
    Thanks Ger!
    They certainly are heavier than most.
    There are no markings on the blade. It would be nice if it is actually a Klaas, as that is one of my favorite makers. I actually own a number of Klaas made knives. I do plan on removing the scales, just making the right screwdriver to do it and leave no marks.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Ralph...a very nice addition to any collection. A hanger will come later ... But the beauty of what is not there temporarily can still be dressed up with supporting accoutrements ....ie: A belt buckle .. A Red Cross armband ..related insignia etc....and!!!! ... Related "in wear" photos you can find right here on the forum which Also will display very nicely with your DRK dagger. This is a decent conditioned example that a hanger will soon to follow, Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry!
    Actually, those are the items that I currently have to display with this hewer. A buckle and armband.
    I will be on the look out for another one or two small items to add.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Nice Hewer Ralph

I personally like these red cross hewers, hope you find a nice worn frog to match

Congrats !

Regards Mac 66.
    Thanks Mac!
    As I said, I have been wanting to add one of these for a while.
    I have seen one or two sell in the not too distant past. I am sure that another will surface some day soon.
    Ralph.

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Nice find Ralph.
    I have one on my wish list.

Eric
    Thanks Eric!
    Some day. If you want it bad enough, it will happen.
    Ralph.

Great addition Ralph! I acquired one of these not too long ago, I like how your scabbard paint is still preserved from when there once was a frog, these were also worn with a blue and silver portepee but they are rare and expensive.

Nice Hewer. I have one similar with the frog that is unit marked. They are a heavy duty force when you have one in your hand.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast