Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.

Article about: Hi All I know I’ve shown this DRK before.... but I’ve since added the DRK Portepee for the Mann’s Hewer. Some say it existed, others not! .... However I think it makes a nice addition. See w

Default DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.

Hi All
    I know I’ve shown this DRK before.... but I’ve since added the DRK Portepee for the Mann’s Hewer.
    Some say it existed, others not! .... However I think it makes a nice addition.
    See what you think, thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.
    P
    Many

I think if they ever existed they would have been red and white hence it is the red cross colors...

I added just for the look red and white ones on mine...

But as mr. Wim Saris once checked in his files they probably never where intended to be fitted with a portepee..

Still looks nice though

?

These blue ones that are found on DRK EM hewers are thought to be Bavarian portepee and is believed that they were added post war. They have been discussed in both DRK and dagger circles all with the same result. Many portepee out there but none in pictures.

Thanks for the comments .... I think the Mann’s Portepee is a myth as there’s no photographic evidence to support any claims .... whether it’s blue and silver, red and silver or at all!

Thanks for looking

I have only seen them on the Officers daggers.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is one that I had several years ago which was encrusted on to the hilt of the hewer, and that I felt was the real deal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.   DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.  

DRK Mann’s Hewer Portepee.  

Excellent reply ..... It certainly looks as though it belongs to that DRK.
    Again I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure if they are meant to wear a Portepee with these DRK’s, but they do complete them nicely.
    Thanks

I remember that one JR, should have bought it myself. There are numerous types of this model knot out there, some more believable looking than others with differences in the type of slide, coarseness of the strap and thickness of the bulb's cords. A controversial topic for sure but intriguing as well.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions regarding collecting items of the 3rd Reich ... guess we’ll never know for sure what’s right or wrong.
    Thanks for the reply

Much had been lost in documentation since the end of the war and in many areas of what we study.
    We can only base our findings on more of the same consistency in sightings with the same details that may give more substance to fact.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast