Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Earliest RAD ?

Article about: I just picked up this nice early hewer. I guess this must be the one of the earliest one. Can you see why ?

?

Try to find one of these Full Stag examples. They're not that often seen or available.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Earliest RAD ?
    P
    Many

I had to pull mine out just to see what the screw configuration was but alas, it has the typically placed double screw fitting.

My full stag hewer has an anodized scabbard & fittings black with patina. Quite heavy in hand, it would seem to me to be one of the first hewers. I too have seen full stags with painted scabbards & always attributed the scabbards to repaints.

Very nice piece indeed Ivan.

?

Thx for showing Ivan, never seen that 1 screw config!!
    Love those details

Ger

?

Hi Ivan,

Very nice & interesting early full stag RAD hewer with 3 screw scabbard fitting config

Also like the unit markings

Thanks for showing !

Br Mac 66.

?

Nice find - the Fu(with Umlaut) 35 mark on both the hewer and scabbard is the RAD issue point which stands for Fuerth- this was one of a few RAD equipment issue quartermaster points.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2