Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Edged Weapons (Third Reich) - reputable UK dealers - advice please

Article about: Dear Collecting Community, Re: Edged Weapons (Third Reich) - reputable dealers. Would you please let me know who in the UK you would buy from with confidence. Yours, Chris.

Default Edged Weapons (Third Reich) - reputable UK dealers - advice please

Dear Collecting Community,

Re: Edged Weapons (Third Reich) - reputable dealers.

Would you please let me know who in the UK you would buy from with confidence.

Yours, Chris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Edged Weapons (Third Reich) - reputable UK dealers - advice please
    P
    Many

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

I have a couple of Heer daggers, a DRK hewer and a Firemans sidearm plus a few Mauser bayonets coming up for auction on Tuesday at work. (Hansons auctioneers)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I shall visit the website! Best regards, Chris.

I'm glad someone posted this question up as I was about to do the same. @adrian_stevenson I think you're blades are in my 'watch' box!

Is it a good idea to purchase blades from outside the UK or is it even legal (I'm aware some blades made before 1954 can be imported)

Sorry for hijacking!

No problem Jamie, but I would like to know who in the UK the edged weapon collecting community feels comfortable with. It's a genuine question so please feel free to private message me if you'd prefer. Thanks again, Chris.

Welcome Chris.
    Steve from Past Glories is a very nice guy or Peter Jenkins from SSBW militaria.

You have Andrew Gates ww2germandaggers he's the only all German dagger dealer here in UK.

Higher end is Ulric of England, Once they establish ones intention they are fine.

You have Stuart from the old brigade, always fine overpriced on the site but does take offers.

There are definitely others, I don't think there is any to seriously avoid, as far as im aware all except returns if theres a problem.

Like all things know what you are buying as somebody will let you know the day you are selling.

The return of the Prodigal son!.....good to see you again Matty !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post

Is it a good idea to purchase blades from outside the UK or is it even legal (I'm aware some blades made before 1954 can be imported)

Sorry for hijacking!
    Its perfectly fine to purchase blades from outside the UK, I live in the UK and all mine have come from America and Canada, not 100% sure on this but I think a curved blade has to be 55cm or under.
    Best Tomaz.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The return of the Prodigal son!.....good to see you again Matty !

Regards Larry
    Hello my dear Larry, thanku for the warm welcome!

Seasonal work buddy, will just say Ive been keeping an eye on you all (not that you need keeping an eye on that is).

Keep up the good work. 😉

Best MattY

My thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply and thanks for the excellent advice.
    Chris.