Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Eickhorn Butterfly Knife

Article about: Hi Guys, I sometimes see Eickhorn butterfly knives offered for sale with what appear to be folding brass handles with SS-Streifandie marked on them. Did Eickhorn actually make these knives o

?

Default Eickhorn Butterfly Knife

Hi Guys, I sometimes see Eickhorn butterfly knives offered for sale with what appear to be folding brass handles with SS-Streifandie marked on them. Did Eickhorn actually make these knives or are they fake? An Internet search of SS-Streifandie brings up no results.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eickhorn Butterfly Knife

Hello,and welcome to the forum!
    Honestly; would you see a ϟϟ man playing and doing tricks with a butterfly knive??
    The answer is ; NO!
    So; they are fakes!
    cheers
    |
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

They are well kown fakes and can be found just about anywhere.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Absolute rubbish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well known Fakes all over shotgun news in late 70's total fake eichorn never made something so silly. Belive me a lot of them bought them in those days they including me. timothy

these are pure fantasy knives and below are a couple of pics from the Axis History forum..showing this type of knife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bf1.JPG 
Views:	3760 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	538400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bf2.JPG 
Views:	2620 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	538401  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by NRADon View Post
    An Internet search of SS-Streifandie brings up no results.
    That's because it is actually SS-Streifendienst.

Never mind, though; as has been said above, these knives are complete fantasy pieces, and absurd ones at that.

Still, just for the sake of accuracy: This type of knife is known as a pantographic knife. (See: Pantographic knife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) A butterfly knife is a different beast. (See: Butterfly knife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

?

Thanks guys, for all of your help. You just saved me about $200. When I googled what was written on the knife and no information whatsoever came up, I got real suspicious. I'm glad i found this forum.

Don