Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Eickhorn Government Officials Dagger

Article about: Not my area here but just trying to help out. The leaf bands are Eickhorns which are seen on their early leaf band navy scabbards, these eyelets have also been seen on early navy scabbards a

?

Not my area here but just trying to help out. The leaf bands are Eickhorns which are seen on their early leaf band navy scabbards, these eyelets have also been seen on early Eichhorn navy scabbards and are pictured in Wittmanns navy book, I don't have book with me so cant say what page. Perhaps these eyelets were used by Eickhorn as a substitute for one reason or another for the triple serrated ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160618_120850[1].jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	974026
    Here is the leaf pattern show on Dannys early Eickhorn.

?

Just found one with the same eyelets and its also an Eickhorn.
    Military Antiques |

Name:  go1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  38.4 KB

I uploaded a pic or you Tomaz
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Gastvrijheid View Post
    I don't want to rain on the parade, but the scabbard shown is not Eickhorn. It has the typical sleeve inserts in the eyelets seen only on the Alcoso scabbard. Maybe Eickhorn purchased some scabbards from Alcoso to fill an order? Or,is this a very attractive parts dagger?
    Attached scan shows an Alcoso Diplo on the left and Eickhorn GO on the right. Not a great image but good enough to detail the difference in the eyelets; the Alcoso eyelet reinforcing sleeve insert is unique to them.

Attachment 973712
    I agree on thought thought of Eickhorn purchased scabbards also
    I would not have a problem with this thought if in fact there were 2 different scabbards. The Band types alone could not be traded to any other producers that had the almost near same scabbard style...just only with Eickhorn and Alcoso, we can see a trade.

Quite common what we see between many dagger types and producer fulfillment. Red Barons dagger is original and period

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12