Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Etched hunting dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: Hi all...i'd like your opinions on this hunting dagger...the etch seems deep and clear,the Fleur de LYse at the end seems incomplete(may be for scratching in the scababrd or use)...what do y

Default Etched hunting dagger by Eickhorn

Hi all...i'd like your opinions on this hunting dagger...the etch seems deep and clear,the Fleur de LYse at the end seems incomplete(may be for scratching in the scababrd or use)...what do you think abuot the grip plates??the seller says its' ivoty...but i can't see the typical lines of ivory(may be the light)...what do you think??
    Many thanks
    Etched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by EickhornEtched hunting dagger by Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched hunting dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

ivoty=ivory

very nice example.

Looks like a nice period piece to me.

thanks guys... do you have my same impression about the handle?? is not ivory...what do you think?

I believe most of the ones from this era were made with ivory handles, especially Eickhorn.
    I would simply contact the seller and ask him for better photos that show the grain.
    If you decide to buy it, you have 7 days to return it for any reason anyways.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Many thanks Ralph...I've requested a closer pic of the handle..the seller is a private collector...so i think he will not give me the seven days inspection period )

here's the closer pic of the grip....seems really ivory...what do you think?? Thanks again

It looks like ivory from this photo. The only way to be sure is a hands on inspection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi..i've taken 2 pics from the cutclass for sale on lakesidetrader shop(it's an Holler made)...the grip,described as celluloid,shows the same lines of the one i've posted...so i think that also the first one is "simil" ivory and not real ivory...what do you think??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast