Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

fake Diplomat's Dagger??

Article about: hello guys i got a question,i can buy this dagger, but i dont know of it is real or fake what do you think? greetings Ricardo

Default fake Diplomat's Dagger??

hello guys

i got a question,i can buy this dagger, but i dont know of it is real or fake
    what do you think?fake Diplomat's Dagger??

greetings Ricardo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake Diplomat's Dagger??
    P
    Many

Are you seriously expecting someone here to give an opinion on such a high value item with that one totally crappy pic that you're going to say is the only one you can get?

If so, I say yes, I implore you to buy it before some other lucky beggar does so.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i am sorry this is the only picture i got,the seller has nothing with militaria

greetings

?

If they refuse to show you more photos, that means they know or suspect it's fake.

Sorry, Ricardo...it is simply impossible for us to give you even anything remotely like an authentication with this one far away and blurry photo. To do so, we will need Clear and Up Close photos of the Grip, The Makers Mark, The Blade and the Upper part of the Sheath as well as the Lower part of the Sheath. Without photos like we ask for, your item might as well be a blurred amoeba on a microscope slide....Sad but True....

Having said that, I would Strongly suggest that you do manage to obtain the photos we ask for, as this particular kind of dagger is Highly copied. IF it would, somehow be a genuine piece, it would be well worth it to you to Get the photos.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ricardo....I have to agree also with the other members...one blurred photo..could be anything. Provide clarity and detailed photos...of key areas of interest..by Wagriff...other than that...We wish you luck..in your hunt for Third Reich collectable. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks a lot guys for the comments,i will ask him for more pictures, he would get 100 euro for it,he got it from his aunt
    and he has nothing to do with militaria,

greetings Ricardo

The grip is white plastic...and the dagger almost appears smaller in size.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ricardo-a word to the wise- don't waste your money-It is a poor replica---The scabbard is wrong and the grip is totally wrong-GO's don't have a rounded grip--Check out the threads on these types of daggers here in the forum -You will see what they are supposed to look like--
    Good hunting
    B

The scabbard doesn't have any screws so I suspect its replica too.

A $7000 plus dagger being sold at $100 guarantees its a replica!

matty
    Last edited by matty01; 05-11-2014 at 03:12 PM.