Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Fire,fire

Article about: Heres a selection of Firemens weapons/sidearms, two of the axes are engraved with dedications, the dagger is complete with hangers/belt. Horst

?

Default Fire,fire

Heres a selection of Firemens weapons/sidearms, two of the axes are engraved with dedications, the dagger is complete with hangers/belt.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fire,fire  
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fire,fire
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fire,fire

horst very nice pieces can i ask, why would a fireman need a sidearm? sorry if its a dumb question

That is the long sidearm, they also had a K98 short sidearm. This goes back to the imperial firemen too... I suppose it was used for ceremony's also!?

?

everyone had a dagger. it was a more decoration than function. even postal workers had them. leaders daggers like the one shown here were more a status symbol than anything else. i hope that answers why.
    andrew
    P.S. i always wanted a firemans axe, but never came across one in my price range. very nice finds

?

Ewan - the fellas above have answered your question, they used the dagger for parades etc also the dress axes were for ceremonial
    wear some were given for time in service with dedication.
    I feel that these really dont get the coverage as do the dress daggers of the other formations.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

HDTony
    ?

Horst

Very nice collection you have there ! Even as ceremonial pieces they are very good additions to any collection. Thank you for posting them.

Tony