Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!

Article about: Hello friends, i would appreciate any opinions on this bayo. It has the following description: ''For sale very nice and hard to find German made (Simson &Co. Suhl) Mauser bayonet. Many o

Default on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!

Hello friends, i would appreciate any opinions on this bayo. It has the following description:
    ''For sale very nice and hard to find German made (Simson &Co. Suhl) Mauser bayonet. Many of them were used during Spanish civil war 1936-39 It fits Spanish Mauser m16
    $100.''
    Is that maker German indeed? Those mauser M16 guns were used by German WH too?
    Is the price fair?
    Any help would be much appreciated as i know nothing about guns and edged weapons.
    Thanks in advance
    Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!   on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!  

on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!   on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!  

on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!

Hello-German made Mauser Standard short model rifles in 7mm calibre were sold to the Spanish Fascists but the bayo is an export type for the earlier model Mausers-these were used with many countries Mauser rifles-the scabbard is the Spanish type made of leather (most Mauser export bayo scabbards are made of steel). The bayo is not very rare.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Hello-German made Mauser Standard short model rifles in 7mm calibre were sold to the Spanish Fascists but the bayo is an export type for the earlier model Mausers-these were used with many countries Mauser rifles-the scabbard is the Spanish type made of leather (most Mauser export bayo scabbards are made of steel). The bayo is not very rare.
    Hello and thanks for the reply. So this bayonet is not a matching set with the scabbard?

The scabbard matches the bayo-it is a Spanish bayo for the earlier Spanish Mauser rifles the M1893 and M1916-will also fit on later models with the adaptor that is usually fitted on the Spanish rifles-the bayo was made in Germany late 19th/early 20th century for export as Germany was a major maker for many other countries-the Spanish also made them for themselves-Suhl & Co was a large bayo export maker.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The scabbard matches the bayo-it is a Spanish bayo for the earlier Spanish Mauser rifles the M1893 and M1916-will also fit on later models with the adaptor that is usually fitted on the Spanish rifles-the bayo was made in Germany late 19th/early 20th century for export as Germany was a major maker for many other countries-the Spanish also made them for themselves-Suhl & Co was a large bayo export maker.
    Good morning lithgow. Thanks for the info. So this particular type of bayonet was a German production not for use by the German army but for export only. Was the scabbard also made by German factory or this leather type was Spanish made?

Hi Chris, all German made, but only used by the Spanish.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, all German made, but only used by the Spanish.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade. Long time no see. Were you on vacations?
    Thanks for your input.
    What about this one? Is a K98 ''ddl'' bayo with matching scabbard.
    This one is German made for German use right?
    I think both parts seem original.
    But you know more than i do. Does it look 100% ok to you too?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!   on German bayonet for spain mauser!!!!  

Hi Chris, no holidays for me.

This is an original wartime German bayonet. Pity the finish is so worn. The only odd thing is the hole to the frog stud?

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. Indeed the finish is gone. Maybe someone removed much paint or a varnish at some point. But for $45 i think it's ok. Not bad for my first bayo
    Cheers.

$45 is a great price for this K98 bayonet, even if it's a bit rough.
    Scabbards go for that much alone ! - The scabbard is also
    missing a screw at the throat....................
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast