Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

German blades cache

Article about: I picked these up for a hundred bucks the other day...I think I know what they are but not for sure...thoughts? Approx values?

?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Ok, so if you find Mr. Wittmann´s site, you can also purchas his book about Luftwaffe daggers, on this book you can easily read, which parts is generic and which is Eickhorn´s and which parts Eickhorn used on his daggers, and which parts Eickhorn never used. I´m just telling you my opinion, that this dagger is partial. Rest of information you have to find by yourself. And I will purchase you one tasty beer, if you find exact dagger on Mr. Wittmann´s site like you have. - but it must have Eickhorn mark

Crossguard which is on your dagger is very often find on Horster´s examples. Pommel is W.K.C., but also see very often on another daggers of producers which purchase parts from W.K.C.

Regards Peter
    The wire to me looks Aluminum, but is tarneshed on %80, Aluminum does go dark. It doesnt appear brass...the person I bought thes off of, stored them in a shed...in Ga. we have lots of humidity and this is considered improper storage.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German blades cache
    P
    Many

?

I did my research, the bayonet is a post war Weimar Republic 1930 bayonet...Has the year 30 on blade with army e/46 proofs. They say it is very rare to find this as a matching with the scabbard. Nice pick...

The Trench knife is marked for import...but a lot people have supposedly picked them up in WW2 and brought back with GERMANY on it...my blade does have a feint acceptance proof on it on far right of crown...and that is where they put WW2 proofs on WW1 knifes. These blades were sold in German stores after WW1...see pic. That is what the GERMANY was used for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German blades cache  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4