Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German blades cache

Article about: I picked these up for a hundred bucks the other day...I think I know what they are but not for sure...thoughts? Approx values?

?

Default German blades cache

I picked these up for a hundred bucks the other day...I think I know what they are but not for sure...thoughts? Approx values?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German blades cache   German blades cache  

German blades cache   German blades cache  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German blades cache
    P
    Many

?

I believe you have a german boot/fighting knife, a 2nd model luftwaffe dagger and a police dress bayonet. $100 is a ridiculous deal on these pieces.

Im not too thrilled with that boot knife saying "Germany" in English...the other 2 daggers look ok..but wait for more knowledgeable eyes. Even if the 2 out of 3 are good,,,you still done very well for the price you paid!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Now that you have an idea of what each one is would you be able to post each one in its correct forum. IF you do that and add some more detailed pictures of each one you will be able to get much better answers.

?

"Germany" markings are not unusual....a lot of items were marked so, in English.

It looks like you got a decent 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger made by Carl Eickhorn, I assume it is missing its scabbard?? blade only price would still be well above what you paid, assuming the handle and pommel is decent also then about 2-300, the other is a matching WW2 German municiple police bayonet by WKC, the blade and scabbard looks alittle rough but it is still a nice piece, these pieces were modified/reworked Weimer Republic era bayonets, the stag handle and blade were shortened/cut down and the grip insignia was changed to a nazi eagle, the S.B unit markings stands for Schutzpolizie Berlin, around 4-500 for that one IMO because of condition. as far as the boot knife, lets just say I know more about boots! LOL You did very well!!!

Hi to all, I can´t agree with Maximus, in my opinion crossguard on 2nd. model Luftwaffe dagger DO NOT belong to Eickhorn blade, so from photos I can only say, that it is partial dagger, but I have to see pommel and grip also. Trench knife look good to me, despite it has "Germany" on blade.

Regards Peter

Quote by AMTG View Post
    "Germany" markings are not unusual....a lot of items were marked so, in English.
    Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Trench knife look good to me, despite it has "Germany" on blade. Regards Peter
    This is a "make or break " point in collecting which could lead to alot of confusion. I would have to say that the boot knife is very authentic but stamped post war. If there is any proof of outsourced companies that have made knives for the Third Reich..then this information must be posted for the collector. I myself am not about to say .."yes to see the word Germany in English is authentic." This will open and flood the already tainted market of repros.

The recovery of Germanys pride after WW1..was hard work but proud work to a point of being non dependent on any outside productions.. except the import of some raw materials to produce these items within Germany. The Samurai Sword being of a fine steel..was in the same realm of quality..in creating and producing..but yet Germany being too proud were not dependent on their Asian ally..to produce edged weapons saying "Made in Japan". JMO.

I can accept the fact it was stamped post war..but not prior..as of strict quality control guidelines and German pride..in their minds no one else could measure up to their quality. If there is period reference..this must be posted..proving this fact of "Germany" stamped on knives. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    It looks like you got a decent 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger made by Carl Eickhorn, I assume it is missing its scabbard?? blade only price would still be well above what you paid, assuming the handle and pommel is decent also then about 2-300, the other is a matching WW2 German municiple police bayonet by WKC, the blade and scabbard looks alittle rough but it is still a nice piece, these pieces were modified/reworked Weimer Republic era bayonets, the stag handle and blade were shortened/cut down and the grip insignia was changed to a nazi eagle, the S.B unit markings stands for Schutzpolizie Berlin, around 4-500 for that one IMO because of condition. as far as the boot knife, lets just say I know more about boots! LOL You did very well!!!
    When I downloaded the pics they all got scrambled up...and yes the LW dager comes with a scabbard. The only reason I picked the set up was for the LW dagger. I got 4 blades with the set. The forth is a ww1 s/n matching baynet.

German blades cache

German blades cache

German blades cache
    German blades cache

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Here is the scabbard

German blades cache

German blades cache

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast