Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help

Article about: I aquired this today, cannot find it on the sites, looks to me like a fighting knife with the skull crusher and size. Anyone know anything about this knife? Either way, what did it have for

?

Default German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help

I aquired this today, cannot find it on the sites, looks to me like a fighting knife with the skull crusher and size. Anyone know anything about this knife? Either way, what did it have for a sheath or scabb? Help here.
    Nearly 10" overall, stag handle, 4 brass pins, and stamped: made in Germany. I think it may be ww1.

Semper Fi
    Brent
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help   German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help  

German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help   German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help

hi, could be ww1 trench knife , but the made in germany stamp would lead me to belive its post war, use of surplus blades. either way a well crafted item .,paul

post war made knife germans didnt use english would of said deutschland nothing said made in germany before 1945.

There was no "Germany" from 1945 to about 1990.

Things made in the West were, at the outset, marked "Made in American Zone", or whatever, and then "Made in West Germany" from around 1949 to circa 1990.

I don't think the Soviet Zone/DDR exported many quality knives, or anything else.

That is a nice looking knife probably from the 1930s.

Solingen exported a lot of steel "Made in Germany" from very early on. It couldn't be imported into a lot of English-speaking countries unless so marked. Check US or UK import regs. for details.

This knife might have inspired WW2 blades like the V-42 or FS-1.

Pat

good info pat thanks

You're welcome, EZ.

Often helps me date German items.

Cheers,

Pat

?

I appreciate the info. I was unsure about the made in Germany, but the stamping was older looking. Someone used it for something. Do you think the knife was intended for hunting purposes and nothing for the military? Pretty cool knife. Wish I knew who made it.

Semper Fi
    Brent

Very interesting !

The blade of this knife doubtless, and, indeed, looks like a blade of a German WWI trench-knife, (maybe it is one ... !) ...

But, the grip and the pommel doesn´t compare !

Here´s the "little brother", (overall lenght: 19 cm, blade lenght: 10cm) :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help   German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help  

?

Thanks Reibert,
    Could you show me a pic of the top of the pommel. Want to see what pommel nut it has. Anyone know when the pommel nuts like mine were introduced? Forestry use?

Semper Fi
    Brent

Quote by SAho7 View Post
    Thanks Reibert,
    Could you show me a pic of the top of the pommel. Want to see what pommel nut it has. Anyone know when the pommel nuts like mine were introduced? Forestry use?

Semper Fi
    Brent
    Hi, Brent !

IMO your knife it´s a "Part´s-knife" ...

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Dagger fighting knife ??? Help