Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Daggers

Article about: Hi, I'm hoping someone can tell me a little about these daggers. I acquired them a few years ago and now want to sell them but have no idea what to ask. I can provide additional images if yo

VMGlasgow
    ?

Default German Daggers

Hi, I'm hoping someone can tell me a little about these daggers. I acquired them a few years ago and now want to sell them but have no idea what to ask. I can provide additional images if you need to see some specific part of the blades, sheaths etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Daggers   German Daggers  

German Daggers   German Daggers  

German Daggers  

2. # ADS

Hi Glasgow..welcome to the forum..the K98 Bayo is authentic..the Police Bayonet..stands a chance but i will leave that for the bayo guys..the rest of the daggers are repro. Compare with some of the threads we have here on this forum..you will see obvious differences in detail. The K98 bayo is good. You might get $20 each for the repros. Reenactors like these types of daggers...as it would be no loss to them if they ere to be damaged or dinged up. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

first 2 are original,

Harry could you summarize for the readers here more about the Police bayonet? Minimum of 15 words please.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You guys can tell from the little image on #4? What's the giveaway? I'm trying to learn how to spot these myself.

#4 may have a chance..but the photos are very poor..so without clearer pics on #4....its best to be safe than sorry.

Police bayo is a reworked wkc clamshell piece from the weimer period, they shortened them to conform to the new TR standards, notice how the fuller/blood grove goes all the way down to the tip from this process. Black leather scabbard is for municipal police compared to brown for rural.

Thanks John

The Polizei bayonet appears to me to be a modern reproduction but that is just my suspicion based on the poor quality pictures. There have been some decent quality fake Polizei bayonets floating around for maybe 10-15 years, they are all dual-marked WKC & many are slotted. The hilts & blades are completely modern production, some scabbards appear to be original while some appear also of modern manufacture.

Two things that draw my attention are the grip plates which appear to be wood, originals are staghorn. The other is the blade tip, notice the blood groove. On an original, cut-down blade. The blood groove extends to the tip. Here the groove does not go all the way to the tip, as it would on an originally longer blade that was ground shorter by 4".

I can't say for sure but it does appear to me that this WKC is one of those fakes I see occasionally. As such, I would post better pictures just to be sure. I also have concerns about the blade on the KM dagger (etch quality) & the maker marks on the 1st model Luft & 2nd model Luft.