Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Dress bayonet Identification

Article about: Hi Guys need a little help with German Dress bayonet Identification I believe this to be a fireman's dress bayonet? My questions are? What and why is there a logo or initial on handle? What

Default German Dress bayonet Identification

Hi Guys need a little help with

German Dress bayonet Identification

I believe this to be a fireman's dress bayonet?

My questions are?

What and why is there a logo or initial on handle?
    What maker mark is a Scorpion?

Civil war swords I have knowledge
    German Militaria I know very little

Thanks Guys

German Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet IdentificationGerman Dress bayonet Identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Dress bayonet Identification
    P
    Many

Original fireman's dress bayonet, produced by Carl Julius Krebs as indicated by the lobster logo (not a scorpion)...The device on the grip was added by someone later and doesn't belong there...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Original fireman's dress bayonet, produced by Carl Julius Krebs as indicated by the lobster logo (not a scorpion)...
    A freshwater lobster, specifically... For the benefit of the non-German speakers, allow me to explain the reason for chosing that animal as a company logo: The German word Krebs means crayfish/crab.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A freshwater lobster, specifically... For the benefit of the non-German speakers, allow me to explain the reason for chosing that animal as a company logo: The German word Krebs means crayfish/crab.
    So the company founder had crabs ?

Out of the 2 Kreb brothers who shared the same name but different logos ( Thankyou Steve ) there were Carl Julius Krebs with a kings crown over the letter "K" logo...and did not produce Fireman bayonets....Peter Daniel Krebs...which the logo looks more like a Lobster..produced Dress and Firemans bayonets.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Is it yours or something you're thinking about buying?

Jim

It's mine. Excellent Info guys. I guess I now have Crabs also.
    "Sorry"
    Thanks for the help
    I wish they had not screwed up the handle with the logo or Initial

?

Hi guys. I know this is an old thread but I have a sword with this exact lobster logo. When it is a Krebs I would think you have also the name and Solingen written next to the lobster but I have also just the lobster and upside down compared to the Peter Krebs lobster logo.Was this an old or newer logo of Krebs then ?

Thx

Hi David...start a thread with your sword in this forum here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sword...reich-austria/

and a discussion will ensue finding the right answers to your question. We need to the sword itself to make any determinations.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

very nice emblem looks like personalised FF. CJ could be there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast