Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German knife

Article about: Been offered this knife im not sure if its real or a repo or what sort of knife its suppossed to be? Just wondered if anyone can help if this is real or not?

Default German knife

Been offered this knife im not sure if its real or a repo or what sort of knife its suppossed to be?
    Just wondered if anyone can help if this is real or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German knife   German knife  

German knife  
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: German knife

Not an issue item, of course, but the RAD emblem looks like it's been there forever and seems to be period. A privately carried belt knife from an RAD man? Actually, I like this knife!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks more like a Finnish Puukko...A traditional fishing/hunting knife...

Hi Panzertrooper welcome to the forum,, Im liking this also as it has a uniqueness about it. I have to say it is period in appearance,, and I like the snap clip device also. Interesting!! I hope to hear more comments on this! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is a fisherman's knife from the Hamburg area used specifically for eels,a favorite with the locals.

?

Looks a bit like this contemporary (but traditionally shaped) Roselli fish knife (if one squints)

Roselli Messer Die Rückkehr der Puukko, Finnenmesser von Heimo Roselli - Koch- und Küchenblog