Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?

Article about: What do You think? There are no marking on the blade.

Default German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?

What do You think? There are no marking on the blade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?   German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?  

German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?

Any comments? I have tried to find info about these knives from internet but found almost nothing.

Maybe this could be an Wehrmacht electrician´s knife, (cable dismantling knife, cable stripping knife, cable sheath-splitting knife), indeed ?
    Who know´s ? ...

Such pattern knives later also were used in the Bundeswehr but, with specific markings.

Thanks! The problem is that it is totally unmarked so as I understand it is hard to say is it from WWII era or not.

What makes you think it's German? Looks a little like a bottle opener.(beer or pop).I think it is American 1920,1930

?

Well I will try to kick some life back into this discussion since I have the very same knife in my families stuff,but mine has markings and its made with Solingen steel...of course my dad was in the Bundeswher in the early days so it maybe from that time...This is a really great knife,great quality.

German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?

I think that the following knife was from may fathers Bundeswher days...its hard to read but it says Othello and its a gravity knife...in really bad shape and super cheap construction(i expected better from Germans)

German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?German WWII pioneer knife - original or post war?

Not possible to tell, in fact you could still buy these brand new today. Without ay markings its impossible to put a date, or even a land of manufactory on it.
    Remember, the Germans love to mark their quality knifes Solingen!

Quote by kgrunt View Post

I think that the following knife was from may fathers Bundeswher days...its hard to read but it says Othello and its a gravity knife...in really bad shape and super cheap construction(i expected better from Germans)

Yes, it´s the Bundeswehr Kappmesser "Modell 1956"