Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Got to know this lady

Article about: Wow, this is special. I know the feeling of which you describe Jesper, I felt like that after acquiring the piece in my display picture- and finding out it's history from the man I bought it

Default Re: Got to know this lady

Wow, this is special. I know the feeling of which you describe Jesper, I felt like that after acquiring the piece in my display picture- and finding out it's history from the man I bought it from. Just to know the story of a piece makes it special to me, but THIS is something else... it doesn't get much more unique than what you have here. I wonder how many people the lady told of these things, who had merely a passing interest and no thought of their significance?
    Congratulations on your amazing fortune!

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got to know this lady
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Jasper, and just wow.........absolutely amazing

Thanks

Danny

Incredible blade Etchings! Wow! To see such a thing in That condition and Not have it behind glass in a museum...just amazing. Great acquisition!! (Hope you get it insured !) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ok lets get things into perspective here , is it a special presentation clamshell by Eickhorn awarded by Goring to the Forestry master of Gorings estate, Ive looked through all my books and cant find one like it, so is it a one off, if so its unique, and will be worth a small fortune, i hope some of the other guys will comment on this rare item and give their opinions, not withstanding this one item, the photo album alone will be worth a great deal of money and i woud seriously consider having the dagger fully appraised and insuring it appropriately, its a dagger collectors dream item especially with the provenance supplied

Amazing, thanks for sharing your increidbly lucky experience,

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ok lets get things into perspective here , is it a special presentation clamshell by Eickhorn awarded by Goring to the Forestry master of Gorings estate, Ive looked through all my books and cant find one like it, so is it a one off, if so its unique, and will be worth a small fortune, i hope some of the other guys will comment on this rare item and give their opinions, not withstanding this one item, the photo album alone will be worth a great deal of money and i woud seriously consider having the dagger fully appraised and insuring it appropriately, its a dagger collectors dream item especially with the provenance supplied
    I coudn't agree more!
    Great find and welcome to the forum!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

very nice good way to say hi nice one

tom

?

Excellent and many thanks for joining and posting , it just goes to show that these items are still out there !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

For now it all rests in my 500kg fire,blast and waterproof safe :-)
    I have thought i'd better get an apparisal done but by whom?
    Any suggestions?
    I'm in Europe.

After studying the signed pic i found out the photografer, Rosemarie Clausen, herself is quite interesting.
    And she signed it aswell as Hermann.

Was at her mansion a few days ago and she told me that she have all the medals aswell as personal papers like soldbuch party stuff and and and...His diaries...possibly even the uniform but that will take som looking through old suitcases and she showed me it'd be quite a task as her attic held maybe 20-25 of them,all pretty old and obviously untouched for ages!!!
    You know...It's just so amazing to be able to sit with her and hear her telling about back then :-) The look in her eyes when shes spoken herself warm, her joy and the intensity with which she explains, showing me places on maps...
    And at the same time "apologizing" and explaining why and how people did as they did...Shes told me more than one thing thats written quite differently in the books we've all read!
    Amazing to sit here in 2011 and get some pretty hot gossip from Carinhall :-D

I know these items are pretty heavy but...Anyone here who have the experience to estimate this stuff.. signed Göring pic, album w. bout 60 pics-40 "in uniform", paperwork, personal invitations printed and handwritten, a speech, dagger w. personalization 'n all?

Regards
    Jesper

?

"Shes told me more than one thing thats written quite differently in the books we've all read!"

The victorious side writes history, and that includes Soviet Union...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast