Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Government dagger with hangers

Article about: good evening...i'd like your opinions on this Government dagger with hangers..is marked Eickhorn ,it's not in perfect conditions but seems good The nut has been modified...the sellers says t

Default Government dagger with hangers

good evening...i'd like your opinions on this Government dagger with hangers..is marked Eickhorn ,it's not in perfect conditions but seems good
    The nut has been modified...the sellers says that all parts are numbered with 41
    Waiting for more pics,i'd appreciate your opinion
    many thanks
    Government dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangersGovernment dagger with hangers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government dagger with hangers
    P
    Many

Hi Luca as you can see from a great thread below from the GDC..anymore these Government Official daggers are highly faked. I am not saying if it is or is not authentic...but are getting very difficult to tell the difference anymore. It seems there have been varied Ferrule rings on these daggers under question. Possibilities exist as all with other dagger producers that some parts may have been sub contracted..yet ..particularly with these types..they were done in house.

Gocernment Official Dagger - GermanDaggers.com

I would hate to say take it down and see the inside of it..which Im not sure of if this is real or not..and these types are beyond my knowledge to look straight at it and give my opinion. That is reserved for those Gents who collect these.
    Much of these as stated in the thread link below are being produced today from eastern bloc countries. Surprisingly..that WRF and GDC member Pitbulls GO dagger is still under quesation after revealing internal numbers and horrid condition of years gone by inside the dagger. Thats the scary part..as His dagger is quiteconvincing that it is authentic..yet seasoned collectors on that thread of those types seem to think different.

My thoughts regardless of the authenticity of the dagger in the GDC thread provided..is reserved for the seasoned GO collectors to reply and give their opinions about your dagger you listed above.
    The plating loss on the scabbard should not be a deciding factor on the authenticity of the dagger itself. The focus needs to be placed on the dagger itself.

I didnt want this thread to go unanswered..but wanted to provide an open thread to a sensitive issue concerning Govt Daggers. Hopefully more replies and thoughts will come to this thread. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-07-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks a lot Larry...well..this kind of dagger is a mined field as i can see...is there a reference book on these dagegr?? many thanks indeed )

I'm not feeling real comfortable with the crossguard eagle's head, but that's just my eyes, perhaps.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I corrected the link I provided in my first post
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for help to all

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm not feeling real comfortable with the crossguard eagle's head, but that's just my eyes, perhaps.
    Wargriff, I noticed you seem to have actually a very good eye.
    IMHO, the above dagger is a current East Bloc repro. Not one for your collection Luca.

-wagner-

?

Just in agreement with Wagriff, Wagner & Larry...Cross Guard is off, eagles head, etc...and also not keen on Maker Mark Etched Eickhorn...It is a repro and would steer clear.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

thanks guys..is there a reference book that shows these daggers?? many thanks

I come back to this threat, because from my point of view it is an original dagger. I disassembled the dagger and every part has a 4 and 1 and the nut has IIII and I strokes. Lets talk the photos. Opinions welcome
    Regards
    Winfried
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Government dagger with hangers   Government dagger with hangers  

Government dagger with hangers   Government dagger with hangers  

Government dagger with hangers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast