Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?

Article about: Hi, This dagger hanger came attached to a Government Officials Dagger but the silver is sewn onto brown velvet rather than black. The hanger has all the other features of a GO hanger with a

Default Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?

Hi,

This dagger hanger came attached to a Government Officials Dagger but the silver is sewn onto brown velvet rather than black. The hanger has all the other features of a GO hanger with a double strap and rectangular hanger buckles with a gold wash finish.

Am I missing something really obvious ? ideas very welcome or indeed a positive ID as to which dagger it may belong to would be appreciated.

kind regards

Tony

Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?
    P
    Many

They have a style of social welfare , red cross and Government official .

A seasoned collector of this type of hanger may prevail here or Billy Gs assistance would be warranted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the pointer Larry, your input always appreciated. I can't find them referenced in any of my books, quite perplexed but it ain't my speciality so always learning ! cheers Tony

I dont want to dismiss this thread yet....Spandau could you provide reverse side pics of where the fabric ends are stitched to the hangers themselves?
    and a reverse shot of the snap clip also

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Tony a lot of later produced fabric can discolour so hard that none of the original pigment remains.
    I see that often regarding towards Luft hangers, their blue can change to brown, like this one:
    I even had one that had blue on parts that wasnt exposed to sunlight, yelow brown on the exposed parts.
    btw your hanger looks a lot like a later luft…..

Ger

Last edited by gerrit; 10-15-2018 at 01:48 PM.

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Tony a lot of later produced fabric can discolour so hard that none of the original pigment remains.
    I see that often regarding towards Luft hangers, their blue can change to brown, like this one:
    I even had one that had blue on parts that wasnt exposed to sunlight, yelow brown on the exposed parts.
    btw your hanger looks a lot like a later luft…..

Ger

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for keeping the discussion going Larry.

Ger I like your theory. It could be possible but that means the fading pattern on these is very consistent and the rear cloth is the same colour as the front, so can't really see this fitting the explanation in this particular case. They have the lufti look though as you say, hadn't considered that.

here are some pictures as requested...

cheers

Tony

Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?Government Officials Dagger Hanger or something else ?

?

Tony the one i showed you once was dark blue, the front colour is also the backside colour.
    So both sides are yellow brown..

Ger

Ok Ger, thanks for clarifying the rear and front colours scenario...…………..back to them being a faded lufti set then...…..maybe ?

cheers

Tony