Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.

Article about: WKC logo is an early, but it was never used on Herr daggers. Regards Vedran

Default Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.

Hello Everyone:

I went to a gun show down in South Dakota and picked up some daggers and a DAF flag.

The WKC Dagger looks to be made of zinc and not sure if its late war (?)

And a beat up PUMA HJ Dagger, looks like its had a lot better days!

I love the character of the PUMA one,

This DAF Banner is HUGE like all banners..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.   Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.  

Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.   Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.  

Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.   Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.

I have never seen such WKC a logo in a later dagger.
    Actually I've never seen on TR daggers.
    I do not like it.

regards
    Vedran

I like them.

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    I have never seen such WKC a logo in a later dagger.
    Actually I've never seen on TR daggers.
    I do not like it.

regards
    Vedran
    Vedran:

I'm trying to get a better photo of the logo, but it is very faint. It appears to look odd in the photo, and in person it looks different. Let me keep trying.

Better photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.   Gun Show Finds WKC Heer Dagger and HJ Dagger Puma, DAF banner.  

I have to agree with Vedran about the logo, i've never seen that style before, it looks like a poor quality etch. The other parts of the dagger appear o.k from the pic's supplied, but that blades not right imo.

Regards, ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi there,does the DAF flag have any stampings along the "mounting edge"? I cannot see any from these pictures and they may be there indicating it's size.The material appears to be correct but i cannot put my finger on what makes me a bit un-easy!

The flag is 9 feet by 4 feet I think, Didn't really measure it.

I think the dagger had the blade replaced. But, the HJ dagger and Flag are my favorites. I want a different maker for the Heer dagger, it went to a friend today.

?

Verdan and Ned are right, that is not a correct logo.
    The blade also seems to be brush instead of grained, in fact its a poor blade that gives a big red flag right from the start.

Cheers Ger

I feel also as the others above have commented that the logo is not typical WKC,,as there were 6 variants of this type of logo,,and none of which resemble what is shown here. The logo is off centered to the right also.

As for the DAF Flag,, that question would be best to be asked on the flags and banners forum....here..>>Flags, Banners & Pennants at War relics forum

The HJ knife as salty as it is,,,looks to be authentic with a little bite to the blade. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast